Still need info on Night School and Intruder

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by DanceEnergy24, Jul 1, 2011.

1. DanceEnergy24

DanceEnergy24 New Member

Now that Bloody Birthday has been officially released, I need info on Night School from Warner Archive Collection and Intruder (BD) from Synapse. I read a rumor about these possibly getting released around Halloween this year. Anyone heard anything?

2. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

I don't think there's been any updates on Night School, though it's apparently still in the works.

Last I heard, Intruder's transfer was finished and it's apparently quite different from the version we've all seen. Special features are being put together as well.

3. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

I still can't believe we're getting a feature packed uncut blu-ray of Intruder. I love you Synapse.

4. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

Don May's the man!

5. J-Bone84

J-Bone84 New Member

I love Intruder! It never got the respect it deserved... I only hope they replace the crappy cover art and disc menu on the blu-ray... The synopsis on the back of the DVD has a false sub-plot, and it gives away who the killer is!

6. J-Bone84

J-Bone84 New Member

Not sure if someone posted this elsewhere, but thought I'd share...

"Still stumped as to what to buy your loved ones for the holidays? Well, how about a Blu-ray with a guy's decapitated head in a grocery bag on the cover? Nothing says "I love you" like slasher horror flicks, so we vote to show your affection for Grandma by scaring the daylights out of her. Synapse Films is all about unleashing cult horror pictures from the '70s and '80s, so it should come as little to no surprise to see them behind the high-definition release of Intruder, due on December 13, 2011.

As night falls on the employees of Michigan's Walnut Lake Supermarket, the minimum wagers soon realize that they are in for a really bad night. The place is shutting its doors for good and the night crew has a long shift ahead of them. The lovely check-out girl has a deranged ex-boyfriend, the store's phone lines are cut, and the workers start dying in the most stomach-churning ways imaginable – our kind of shift!

The Blu-ray will contain bonus materials and extra features, and it will be available for the MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) of $29.95.

The Blu-ray will feature the following bonus materials:
    Audio Commentary with Scott Spiegel & Lawrence Bender
    SLASHED PRICES: The Making of INTRUDER - Featurette
    Never-Before-Seen Extended 'Murder' Sequences
    Outtakes from NIGHT CREW Short Film
    Cast Audition Tapes
    Behind-the-Scenes Still Gallery
    Original Theatrical Trailer

AND...

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Synapse will be offering up a special exclusive DVD-R disc to the folks that purchase the INTRUDER BLU-RAY/DVD COMBO Pack direct from the Synapse website. This bonus disc will be a copy of the original workprint version of INTRUDER (aka NIGHT CREW), containing additional scenes, different editing, extended gore sequences, etc. This version is very different from the final uncut version that the fans know and love. The film is presented in its original “workprint” state, meaning it is not anamorphic, there is no final music or sound effects, and this version only existed on a single VHS tape that director Scott Spiegel had in his possession. One of the really interesting things about it is that, because it isn’t the final mix, you can actually hear director Spiegel giving off camera direction to the actors during some scenes.

Because of the nature of this particular version, Synapse wanted to give the buyer something unique to relive the days when the ONLY way to see the original uncut version of INTRUDER was through grey-market videocassettes. So, we decided to give buyers this “workprint” of INTRUDER in a special way. Each one will be individually burned for the customer, with a hand written label AND individually numbered (with a total print run of only 500). This will NOT be a factory manufactured extra disc… it will be a DVD-R. Anyone who has already ordered our INTRUDER BLU-RAY/DVD COMBO will have one of these DVD-Rs shipped to them with their order. Again, there are only going to be 500 of these DVD-Rs made. Once they are gone… they are gone, and the individual number (#1-500) the person receives will be based on when they placed they’re order.

The bonus DVD-R of the workprint will be inserted inside the case of the INTRUDER BLU-RAY/DVD COMBO PACK for protection upon shipment.

[​IMG]

7. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Hmm, interesting bonus. :eek2:

Do Synapse charge orders from their website in advance, or when the items actually ship?

8. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

Sounds awesome. And yeah, that's a good question Kat. I'd prefer they charge when it ships.

9. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

That sounds pretty cool, but it's $30 on their site! That's a little pricey considering it's $20 everywhere else. That plus I'm sure it will be expensive for shipping to Canada. I hate when these companies offer cool goodies like this, but then sell it really expensive. Shouldn't they sell it cheaper since it's coming directly from them?

10. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I was waiting for my economics to change a bit before I get it (I've already got the Dragon and Wizard releases) but this workprint changes everything and I'll have to bite on it.

I just hope Synapse isn't opening a can of worms with this DVD-R stunt and half the people out there won't be able to play it. Their "hand made" spin isn't helping my confidence.

Nope, otherwise retailers wouldn't carry them. I don't know what if any legal paperwork is done under it, but in general distributors frown on a company like Synapse undercutting wholesale prices to retailers.