Sukiyaki Western Django

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by thrashard76, Feb 12, 2009.

1. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

[​IMG]

I had seen some of this movie (being played over the counter) a year or so ago when a buddy of mine and I went into a small ma and pa type of imports store to do some browsing around. I was instantly hooked and knew that when it hit states side I'd want to pick it up. Well today I stopped inside a Target and saw an unwrapped steelbook copy of it for $15. I passed on it because the shrink wrap had been removed. Later on, I found a standard DVD case version sealed up for $29 at Barnes And Noble. Again I passed on it due to the outrageous pricing. I came home and looked online to find that there are multiple steelbook covers and in one instance there was a 2 disk version. That could have been a typo but my question is, does anyone have any specific info specs wise (2 disk or not, possible alternate extras, different store exclusives) on this release and is there a limited edition cover? I can't believe this has been out since November and not know it.

2. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

3. acappa

acappa Member

Everytime I see this in stores it has no shrinkwrap, for whatever reason.

4. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

That does seem odd and not all together secure. Even the Robocop steelbook I picked up a while back had shrinkwrap over it. If I see this in Target or elsewhere I'll be sure to pick it up, despite the no wrapping debacle.

5. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I picked up a copy of this at Best Buy this past week. It appears that BB has 3 exclusive versions of this film with 3 different covers (in steelbook form) and with 3 different bonus (2nd) disks all with different content. They also had the standard steelbook version with no bonus disk and the standard regular version with no bonus disk as well. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to chel this out as of yet, but I intend to do so soon.

6. ZoSo

ZoSo The Fucking King

If I recall the steelbook copy I got at Best Buy was not shrinkwrapped, but did have security stickers on the top, side & bottom. As far as content:

Disc 1 : Feature Film, Previews, Deleted Scenes, Sukiyaki Trailers

Disc 2: Additional Deleted Scenes, Gun Guide Featurette

I got the one with the Sukiyaki Gang cover.

[​IMG]

I guess at the time of purchase I didn't know each cover had a different bonus disc, but that probably wouldn't have swayed my purchase any since I still would have bought the cover I liked the most.

7. j tea

j tea New Member

this looked great visually and stylistically, but the story wasnt too engaging, i know miike can pull together a better story.

8. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

I ordered this on blu-ray the other day and am eagerly anticipating it. I figured there wouldn't be much in the way of story, but badass stylized violence kicks so much ass that I'm willing to give it a shot. Also got Django on DVD from BU, but haven't gotten a chance to pop it in.

9. Wez4555

Wez4555 Happy Trees Motherfucker!

Ive got this in my instant netflix. this threat has sparked interest. I'm going to watch it tonight or tomorrow.

10. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

The standard blu-ray is $8 at Amazon.com. Anyone have an opinion on this movie?

11. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a great Western mash-up that's a whole lot of fun.