Supernatural

Discussion in 'General' started by Damed, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Damed

Damed Guest

2. onebyone

onebyone Guest

This and Threshold are my two favorite of the new shows thus far this season. I really enjoyed the first episode. If they can keep up like that, I will stay tuned in for sure.

3. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Threshold looks like it has a lot of promise, but I absolutely loved Supernatural!! Great horror show. Some genuine creepiness there!

4. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

Yeah I really liked Supernatural. Some genuinely creepy parts, likeable characters, some humour...I hope they can keep it up.

That part at the beginning when the mom goes into the kids room and sees the man she assumes is her husband....that gave me the willies

...Threshold is kind of a wait and see for me though.

5. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

I passed on watching this because I'm not usually a fan of new shows or the WB, but I've been hearing its a lot better than I gave it credit for. I just might have to tune in to it this week and see what all the fuss is about.

6. Shannafey

Yeah, had the same effect on me, Maskull! And that's rare with movies or TV. That's why I like the show so much!

7. drown021

drown021 Guest

I started watching it but lost interest in it.The parts I did see were pretty creepy though.
    I will probably check it out some more though.

8. KingJeff

KingJeff Guest

The second episode tonight was really good as well! This one might be a keeper.

9. I missed the 1st episode, but I DVR'd last nights. Here's hoping I like it. Only shows I'm tuning into are a bunch of returners...Nip/Tuck, Smallville & Desperate Housewives. Wouldn't mind having a good horror show to watch.

10. Shannafey

Yeah, not as creepy as the first one, but I really like this show!!

11. maskull

I love the part with the hunter and how the hands come down from above and grab his head.
    Yeah it was a another good ep. I think it's good that they don't just have creepy ghost story type things happening. Keeps things interesting. Plus the two leads have a good chemistry with each other. They can be quite funny when playing off each other and are also good in the serious moments. So yeah, it seems to be a keeper.

12. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I only saw the second ep. not to bad. I thought Threshold was pretty good. Peter Dinklage was really great on it. Surface felt like it was the same "concept" of Threshold in some apects. Have to wait to see what Invasion is all about.

13. zompirejoe

zompirejoe Active Member

Invasion

INVASION was very good. it had a few good shocks and it makes a nice companion piece to it's lead in show LOST. i actually like INVASION a little more than THRESHOLD. i am interested in seeing THE NIGHT STALKER rehash, although i hear it's a dud we shall see. SUPERNATURAL has been very entertaining so far as well, and the new fox show BONES seems like a keeper as well. too much good television on this year, there is not enough time to keep up with it all.

14. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

I watched INVASION, too. I was a big fan of AMERICAN GOTHIC, but I'm not sure this can live up to that.

15. Big Sick

Big Sick Guest

i saw the first episode but missed the second, is it being re-aired?

16. maskull

It's a WB show right? If you're talking about Supernatural. Check your local listings on Sunday afternoon/evening. WB often replays it's show on Sundays. I seen to recall seeing the first ep playing last Sunday.

17. Caught the SECOND episode last night (never saw the 1st). good show, genuinely creepy.

Reminded me of a 1-seasoner called Freaky Links. Anyone remember that one? It was a good show & should've lasted longer. I think it was from the producers of the Blaiur Witch Project.

18. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I tell you, with a longer runtime, and a little fine tuning. that second episode could have been a nice little theater release. Not bad for a little tv show.

19. Shannafey

I didn't like Invasion at all. I was bored by it and didn't like the characters. Supernatural is the only new show I really like, but as I said earlier, Threshold has potential. I'll also check out Night Stalker when it starts. I don't want to get involved with too many shows. I have enough to watch regularly, as well as the TV on DVD sets I haven't watched yet!!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2005
  20. maskull

Yeah, so far Supernatural is the only new show that I would consider to be Must Watch. Bones, I like the characters, so will watch when I can, and Surface seemed promising, Invasion had moments but it probably won't last on my rotation, and Threshold is on Firday nights so it's already been dumped by me. Plus, I started to watch it last night and just didn't feel like it. So that's a sign of how much I like the show.