Supernatural

Discussion in 'General' started by Damed, Sep 19, 2005.

1. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I haven't watched Invasion yet, I have it taped. Bones is just okay. Supernatural, I will definitely be watching every week. Mainly for Jensen Ackles, but the show is excellent. One of the best New Shows this season. On returning shows, I will be watching Smallville.

2. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    I used to adore Smallville. The third season lost me for a while, but I went back. The 4th season didn't keep me long. It was horrendous!! I am going to give it one more try this week and see if I want to pick it up again. I've seen almost all of the first 3 seasons, so I invested a lot of time in the show and I'm a huge comic fan.

3. evildeadfan123

I am a huge fan of Smallville. This season will be better than Season 4. James Marsters will be in at least 7 episodes, Tom Wopat will be on the 6th episode.

4. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I liked season 4 of Smallville. It meandered a bit during the season, but I thought the ending was especially good. If you get me to a good place, I can forgive a few missteps along the way. It is when you have missteps AND a lame ending that I hold a grudge.

I loved the second episode of Supernatural. This is my favorite of the new shows this year, and I am so happy to see Jensen Ackles with a good role and show to call his own. So yeah, I fear for its safety big time.

5. Shannafey

After the first few, the only one I watched was the last one, which like past season finales, was really good. I hated the whole witch thing and then I see previews of them in China, looking like Crouching Tiger (And I hate most martial arts films!!). So, I basically stopped watching. And besides, it was on the same time as Lost. This season I'll try it again. Maybe I'll catch the season 4 eps. in reruns some time. I know I missed a lot of the story. Season 2 was the strongest season. The writing was superb!!!

6. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

For those who missed the second ep, it's on right now (1:00 P.M. Sunday) on WGN and on at 5 on WPIX.....in other words, check your local listings. :)

7. maskull

Tonight's ep: Not overly crazy about the whole traumatized kid storyline as that's been overdone, but not too bad of an ep, especially with Fred (Amy), and Ratt's "Round and Round". :banana:

8. Shannafey

Yeah, I felt the same way, but for the worst episode so far, it was still entertaining!

9. maskull

Oh yeah, it still kept me watching, so it wasn't really bad, just not the best story for them to work with.

10. Shannafey

Tonight's episode was garbage!! It was so contrived! It's almost as though it jumped the shark already. I won't give any spoilers, but it was too unbelivable, and really didn't fit the mold of the series. Next week's looks like it's back on track. With episodes like tonight's it won't last long!

11. Damed

Damed Guest

Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of last night's episode either. So they are at 2/3 for good episodes so far. Next week's does look to be back on track with the first 2, though.

12. maskull

I actually didn't mind last night's ep. I enjoyed it more than last week's ep (you know, except for `Fred being in it), though I found my enjoyment to be based more on the humour in the ep than the "scariness" of it. I kind of like how they don't have the excact same tone for every episode. Next week they need something "scary" again though.

13. chrishicks

chrishicks classic is back!!!

so what did you guys think of the "Bloody Mary" ep.? I fell a bit behind so I watched that one and "Skin" last night. this show is definately my favorite new show this season. oh yeah, WB picked it up for a full season too. :banana:

14. Damed

Damed Guest

I've missed that last 2 episdoes. I am going to have to try and find a way to catch up.

15. maskull

Yeah it was a cool ep for sure! I make sure to catch this show every week and actually look forward to it. Great to here that it's been picked up for the season. Nice to see that WB aren't jerks like another channel that I'm not going to mention! :fire:

16. evildeadfan123

I think all the episodes have been really good, and out of all the new series on TV this season, Supernatural and Invasion are pretty much the only new shows I watch. Thank you, WB for giving Supernatural a full 22 episode season.

17. onebyone

onebyone Guest

:fire: indeed.

I hadn't heard that this got picked up for a full season. That's good news. I have enjoyed all the episodes thus far and this is for sure my favorite show of the new season.

18. Damed

Damed Guest

Liked the "supernatural" twist to an old urban legend in last night's episode. I was surprised in the amount of blood and gore they showed on prime time TV.

I've managed to track down all the episodes I have missed, so I think I'm going to have a marathon tonight to catch up.

19. maskull

I've actually been surprised a few times on what they've been able to show in Supernatural. I guess that little viewer discretion advised disclaimer at the beginning let's them get away with more.

I watched the start of last night's ep and I thought it looked really good but I didn't have time to watch the whole thing, so i taped it. I'll definitely have to watch it tonight though.

20. maskull

I thought this week's episode with the ancient curse and all the bug killings was pretty lousy. The ending especially was retarded.

I mean, what the hell time did the bugs show up at the house? 5-6 A.M.??? It sure got light pretty quickly. Maybe I just missed something that explained that the insects wouldn't attack until just before dawn...Anyway it's funny how with all those "killer bees" buzzing around them, no one seems to have any stings showing on their faces afterwards, and holding off a swarm with a single can of bug spray and a lighter? Gotta love the faces he was making while doing the spraying though. That was worth watching the episode right there :)

Overall a pretty boring/not well thought out episode. Hope it's better this week.