Supernatural

Discussion in 'General' started by Damed, Sep 19, 2005.

1. onebyone

onebyone Guest

The CW seems to be thinking about pairing them up next year. That would be perfect for me - and you too.

2. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

That would suit me fine if CW pairs both Supernatural and Smallville. I watched the Season Finale of Smallville, and, just like every season finale, they really leave it with a cliff hanger. Lex is a vessel for General Zod, and Clark is in the Phantom Zone, Martha and Lois are unconcious on an Airplane, and Metropolis is in turmoil. When the 1st episode of the 6th Season of Smallville is on, it will be interesting to see what will happen, and there will be a new beginning, because of John Schneiders character dying on the 100th Episode.

Onebyone, love your avitar. Baby and Otis.

3. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ, man! Ever heard of a FUCKING SPOILER CAP???!!!!
    If I didn't just barely see the Smallville finale I'd hunt you down and kill you while you slept!
    That was totally uncool, man. I didn't open up a thread on Supernatural to get Smallville almost ruined for me.

What a dumbass! :fuck:

Last edited: May 12, 2006
  4. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Felt the same way!! I wasn't home last night and have the tape sitting at home!!!

BTW: This week's Entertainment Weekly has Bruce Campbell doing a mini review of Supernatural! Typical BC. He does rip it quite a bit, so I didn't agree with him!

5. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

No shit? What's on this week's cover of EW, so I know to pick it up.

6. Shannafey

It's the one with Movie Star salaries.

7. I'm currently in NYC and have Smallville and Supernatural finale recorded, sitting in my DVR right now. Can't wait to watch 'em.

As for the DVD set...only if its REAL cheap. As decent a show as Supernatural is, some of the episodes aren't worth repeated viewings. The Bloody Mary episode stands out as a great one. And the Scarecrows one was a keeper too!

8. Shannafey

I've been collecting the Smallville boxed sets since they are cheap and I never watched the last season when it was on, so I will most likely buy Season 5 after a while, but most shows are hard to justify repeated viewings, and it's usually after a couple of years, not while the show is still so fresh in your mind. That's why I don't buy many recent shows on DVD.

9. onebyone

onebyone Guest

The blurb under the headline on this link says Supernatural and my much beloved Veronica Mars is gonna make it!

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2006-05-16-cbs-lineup_x.htm

I was pretty sure it was going to make it, but after they put 7th Heaven back on the schedule AFTER the series finale, I was kind of afraid of this new network. I am bummed about Everwood though, but I guess you can't win them all.

10. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

The official announcement is not until tomorrow, May 18th, but I am confident that my 2 shows, Smallville and Supernatural will be renewed.

11. onebyone

onebyone Guest

As posted by ChrisHicks at another forum, we have more information on The CW schedule:

You can see the logo if you follow the link. It looks kind of The OC to me, but if they are the channel with so many of my shows, I will be watching anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2006
  12. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

Damn. Just realized I have yet to catch a Season 2 episode. Thursday nights are NBC comedy nights for me, I'm afraid.

At any rate, there is a comic prequel to Supernatural on its way, courtesy of Wildstorm Comics (imprint of DC).

Note: there may be Season 2/3 SPOILERS in the link.

13. How is this series doing rating wise anyway? Is there indeed going to be a season 3? I've watched every episode thus far, some can be a bit...boring, but I can't put it down for some reason! DVR helps (makes the episodes 40 minutes w/o commercials & I can still watch The Office).

14. Shannafey

A Comic? That sounds cool!! I absolutely love this show!!

15. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

So, what did people think of the finale?

SEASON 2 FINALE SPOILERS

This was actually the first full episode that I caught of this season. :eek: Sorry, Supernatural, but 30 Rock is awesome. Anyway, gave the finale a shot and found I really didn't miss anything. They nicely recap'd it all and everyone's pretty much doing the same thing: boys are still whining about their dad, Dean is still self-loathing, and The Devil is still after 'em.

Yet, it was a fun episode. I liked Dean and the demon bargaining for Sam's life. Sam's forehead seems to be growing with each season, kinda fits his new, kill-em-all attitude.

The showdown in the graveyard was badass, we finally get some closure with The Devil. Will this show return for another season?

16. Shannafey

I loved it!! It was also a nice way to close a season if the show doesn't get renewed next season, and I hope it does!

17. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I am glad it is coming back next year, but I really liked this finale too. It was like they prepared just in case they didn't make it. I appreciate that. If only all shows would think ahead like that.

Great finale to another great season. I really like this show, even though there is too much to watch on Thursdays and I usually have to record it and watch it later.

18. Shannafey

Yeah, unlike other shows like Jericho, which got cancelled with major cliffhangers. How the fuck do they have the nerve to release that as a DVD set, when it isn't a complete series?!?!? They already announced the DVD release date. As much as I loved the show, I'd dissuade anyone from buying it, because they don't get an ending!

In other Supernatural news, the comic came out. The story is pretty good, basically the history of their family after the night their mom died, but the art in it sucks!!

19. SEANVALEN

SEANVALEN Active Member

My brother was sceptical about the show, but I kept saying WATCH IT, I have now converted him.

Supernatural is alot of fun, has it's creepy stuff, a bit of everything, and I've only seen the first four episodes of season one, catching up on dvd.

Woooooo hooo, glad to hear it's got a season three.

20. Shannafey

Have you guys been watching the new season? It is as good as ever!!