Surprise Hatchet Sequel: Victor Crowley (2017)

Discussion in 'General' started by Workshed, Aug 23, 2017.

1. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Active Member

I just noticed that they have a Hatchet comic. I might check that out when it's finished. #1 comes out next week.

2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Kane Hodder was just added to my screening in addition to Adam Green! Can't wait!

hots4 and Natas like this.
  3. Natas

Natas ....on the warm side of the dooooooor

Badass, man! You're gonna have a great time. Movie is a lot of fun. I've never met Kane but Adam is one of the coolest and nicest guys you'll ever meet.

hots4 and CPT HOOK like this.
  4. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

5. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

6. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I don't know if I can wait that long. Dam. None of those tour dates are even close to where I live to see it in the theater.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  7. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I'm sure it will in the next year or so. He did the same thing with Digging Up The Marrow, although this one is getting a much bigger tour than that did. He did mention at the screening that two scenes might be cut for the regular release (not by his choice).

It's true that the second a movie hits VOD, it goes straight to the torrent sites. This doesn't hurt the big Hollywood/Marvel blockbusters so much, but it really kills the indie-filmmakers like Adam. This tour is really in his best interest. It's also in the fan's best interest, because the screening wasn't just a movie, it was a full experience. I can't think of a better way to watch the movie. And how cool is it to have a filmmaker touring the entire country with his film? It's basically a horror movie concert. I just wish it was more accessible for people.

I drove 2 hours 15 minutes each way to see it, and I thought it was totally worth it. I've been lucky to catch several filmmaker / cast Q&As at film festivals and such, but Green's Q&A is by far the best I've ever attended. He does take questions, but to be honest, the Qs aren't even necessary because he'll just tell you everything you could possibly want to know. Terrific speaker and he knows how to work an audience. He also stayed after to meet & greet, take photos, and give autographs for anyone who wanted one after the screening, and believe me there was quite a line. I had a long drive ahead so I didn't stick around (the Q&A gave me everything I'd want), but I was very impressed by his devotion to the fans.

Plus, being a niche genre film, the theater was filled entirely with horror fans. And I'm talking the respectful kind of genre fans like us. I always get a little nervous when I enter a full theater. When I saw Jeepers Creepers 3 last month, the theater was completely full, half of the audience were on their phones, people were literally walking around in the middle of the movie and talking to each other. The Victor Crowley audience was the best possible audience to see a horror movie with that I could imagine. No talking, no cellphones, no walking around, just cheers, laughter, and applause at all the right moments.

Also, I was lucky enough to have Kane Hodder on hand for the Q&A after the movie. But Adam alone will more than give you your money's worth.

As for the movie, I loved it! Part of it could just be the entire experience, but I liked it at least as much as the first movie, if not more so. It's a really terrific ensemble cast here, and the gore and the laughs all hit. Even though we continue with Parry Shen's character from Hatchet III, without Mary Beth the audience is given sort of a fresh start to the franchise. Hatchet II and III both started with Mary Beth in the thick of it, and this goes back to what worked about the first movie so well. We get to just have fun with the characters a little bit before shit hits the fan and Victor Crowley shows up to pick them off. Green swears the entire audience to secrecy before the movie, so I won't spoil anything more than that, at least until more people have seen it. But just in case Green isn't there to warn you, stick around for the end credits, there's a mid-credit teaser hiding in there.

Even if it's a little bit of a drive for you, if the Victor Crowley tour hits anywhere near your town, I can't recommend it enough.

8. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I'd love to see it, but he's had one screening here in the UK. I don't think there will be anymore. I will have to wait patiently.

9. Natas

Natas ....on the warm side of the dooooooor

Couldn't have said it better myself. I drove 90 mins each way and it was beyond worth it. Adam is the man, and this flick is fucking awesome.

10. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

I personally wish a Blu-ray would come out because I never get stuff like this anywhere near me. Closest to me currently is 3 hours and 40 minutes away. I could do an hour, maybe 90-minutes there and back, but I can't justify spending literally an entire day to see one movie. It's great that he's out there and really dedicated to his fans, but a lot of people just aren't going to get a chance to see this until it's on Blu-ray or digital.

Steel76 and othervoice1 like this.
  11. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I agree, but if this way creates a good buzz and more importantly a decent amount of revenue to allow a sequel green lit, then even though I'm biting at the bit to see it, I can wait the required time.

12. Although I wish it played near me (nothing ever does) I will wait patiently for a blu release. Loved the first three films (Hatchet III, IMO, is underrated as hell) and I love Green's work (it also helps he's a cool down to earth guy)

13. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Glad the tour is a success.
    Hope we don't have to wait TOO long for the movie to arrive on Digital and disc.

Though I read somewhere that the movie was coming out on VOD this October, but must have been another movie then :(