Suspiria HK VCD release (original soundtrack mix)

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by rxfiend, Aug 8, 2016.

1. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Recently I placed an order at yesasia.com and while browsing around, I noticed a SUSPIRIA VCD release. I'm always curious regarding various format releases, so I figured what the hell and order it (only $7). I thought it'd be a downgrade version of the Anchor Bay transfer but was surprised it was not. I noticed right away the soundtrack was quite powerful and sure enough, it appears this release uses the original soundtrack mix. I haven't heard that mix in 2 decades! lol That always bothered me with the DVD release. I figured fans might want to check this out, though I'm sure Synape's BD will finally rectify the soundtrack issue. At any rate, I did post a clip on youtube.

http://www.yesasia.com/us/suspiria-vcd-hong-kong-version/1020188015-0-0-0-en/info.html

DVD-fanatic-9 and Steel76 like this.
  2. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Is that an echo throughout the entire scene?

3. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Appears that way. The echo is not present during regular dialogue, so it's not an error on the transfer.

DVD-fanatic-9 likes this.
  4. horrorlover

horrorlover Member

for $7 I'd definitely grab that VCD of Suspiria, good pick up you got there. I didn't know VCD was still being produced. I have it on blu ray already or I'd grab it on VCD. I have the UK blu ray, which is not a perfect release, but it's pretty good still. I'll probably never upgrade from this, not unless someone does a 4K blu ray someday. I figure in the next year I will probably get a 4K TV, and 4K UHD blu ray player, but that's only if they start releasing films on 4K blu ray I actually want, so far there is basically nothing out on 4K blu ray I want, I figure in a year though there will be stuff out I want. I want the Pink Panther films on 4K, the originals with Peter Sellers, and maybe Criterion will start putting out some 4K releases.

DVD-fanatic-9 likes this.
  5. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

Great find!