SWEET SIXTEEN DVD coming soon!

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by razorbackattack, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Bad news about Curtains. I like you guys already and welcome!! :)

2. Noto

Noto Guest

Who has the rights to Humongous?

Hey, it ain't horror but you should totally release The Legend of Billie Jean. Hell, I would help finance the release.

3. RickB

RickB New Member

I hope they get the rights to Slaughter high!!! I'm dying to see that DVD released on DVD.

4. CodeRedDVd

CodeRedDVd Guest

The rights owner for HUNONGOUS only had a Betasp tape master from the 80's. If we release a old master of this film, we will be attack on the web. Last I talk to them they are going with KOTCH to release it. If you don't mind a tape master, we could look into it. Reason we can't use a private print is because the film was edited for "R" rating by EMBASSY PICTURES and the tape master is the canadian version and longer. EMBASSY, I recall, didn't give any material back. So we kind of have to use the tape master. :(

I would like LEGEND OF BILLIE JEAN also, but SONY don't sublicense. thanks so much for offer to help finace the release though. :) Helen Slater rocks!

Brad

5. Noto

Noto Guest

That's too bad, Brad. It appears as though Billie Jean will have to remain the only title I have a DVD-R of.

The problem with Humongous, or at least the Embassy tape and LD release of it, was that the video quality was always horrible. Even theatrically, there were complaints that the film was so dark that you couldn't even see the awesome make-ups.

Whoever does release it is going to have one bitch of a remastering job ahead of them.

6. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Same here, one of many films that still need to come out on DVD!

7. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

On the subject of Billie Jean, I'm a little surprised that Sony hasn't been more interested in releasing their 80's comedies. In addition to this one, they are still sitting on Hardbodies, Hardbodies II (could make for a great double feature disc), Private Resort (with Johnny Depp's popularity right now, it's a complete mystery as to why this is still missing in action) and Sean S. Cunningham's Spring Break.

They could even release all four of those in one boxset and probably make a good profit.

8. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Good idea, I've been waiting on all of those to come to DVD. Some of these large studios should just release 5 or 10 movies of the more obscure movies they own in a set for a reasonable price, and I think they'd find they would sell very well. I'm still waiting on Summer Job, Ski School, Snowballing, Hot Chili, Malibu Bikini Shop, Hollywood Hot Tubs, and all those other great 80's T&A cheese flicks.

9. So is it ok to still talk about Code Red DVD's? I heard stuff got deleted or something....? :nervous:

10. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

Yeah, what happened with that chat this past weekend?

11. Franco

Franco Weekender

Regarding Sweet Sixteen, would it be possible (maybe not so costly) to include the Mellissa song (played at the end of the movie) as a small featurette in the DVD?

That cute little song is another lost jewel like that one from He Knows You're Alone.

12. I agree about the song from He Knows You're Alone...I'd love to have It's the Night Again as a single.

13. Franco

Franco Weekender

You mean because you haven't listened to Sweet Sixteen's or because you've already listened to it and you don't like it that much?

Just in case, here's a fragment of the song, guys. It's a rip from the VHS so expect bad quality:

Mellissa
    Sweet 16, Frank Sparks, 1983
    http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0R8DJ20724Y74165NMDBBCDTY7

14. I've never seen Sweet Sixteen...:)

15. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

Wait a minute...Did I miss something? Has there been a press release or an official announcement from Code Red?

16. Franco

Franco Weekender

Is there an approximate release date for this title in DVD format?

17. ArrowBeach

ArrowBeach Active Member

18. killnstalk

killnstalk Guest

id like to know when Sweet Sixteen is coming to dvd also.

19. SilentScreams

SilentScreams Member

This was posted on the Retroslashers.net forum by Code Red about Sweet Sixteen:

Hi everyone,

well, we hope you'll like the film as much as we did! Thought I'd let you know, we are planning on either March or April release on this one (LOVE ME DEADLY will be February, and we have DOOM ASYLUM for January). The extras planned are

anamorphic widescreen transfer

audio commentary with director Jim Sotos, star Aleisa Shirley, moderated by HOSTEL producer Scott Spiegel

on camera interview with star Bo Hopkins, Aleisa Shirley and director Jim Sotos

still gallery

trailer

intro by Scott Spiegel

thanks!

CODE RED DVD

20. Franco

Franco Weekender

Any news about this one? I liked the movie and totally loved that theme at the end!!