Synapse Films: Titles Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'General' started by Shawn Francis, Dec 29, 2010.

1. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Crap, I lost HorrorDVD's tag, but I wanted to provide a cookie free link (until someone can make us a tag to chip in to Dave): https://www.amazon.com/Thriller-A-Cruel-Picture-Blu-ray/dp/B09LZ331JZ

So far this is just a pre-order for the March 8, 2022 release date; I'm not seeing any confirmations of shipments yet. Whether this release makes it long enough to be shipped by Amazon on that date is anyone's guess. Maybe Amazon will beat that release date; they've done it before.

Meanwhile I'm just going to sit and stare at my still sealed copy because it makes me better somehow.

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

It would be this with the tag: https://www.amazon.com/Thriller-A-Cruel-Picture-Blu-ray/dp/B09LZ331JZ/?tag=horrdigi-20&linkCode=ur1

I'm just going to wait for the VS release, It'll be included in my subscription... and I kind of view the Synapse release as just a bootleg at this point.

3. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

4. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Steel76 likes this.
  5. Katatonia

https://www.synapsefilms.com/product/all-natural-lip-balm/

[​IMG]

Wait... this didn't come from Severin first? o_O

f.ramses and X-human like this.
  6. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Awesome, these are way better than Tombs of the Blind Dead on BD! Not only that but there are 4 of these, it's only February and Synapse already has 4 2022 releases out. :]

Katatonia and X-human like this.
  7. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

LOL. Oh man, there was some other random brand that released lip balm with just as odd flavors.

Synapse is a Midwest company, so they know it's no joke that even us guys out here need lip balm and skin moisturizer in the dry air winter. I haven't been doing it and I've got a bad split on my pinky knuckle right now. $3 is about right too for a 4 pack. I'd throw in some Coffin Joe/Suspiria lip balm if the Blind Dead steelbook came out now direct from Synapse. Or when I had bought Thriller.

Speaking of which, April 2022 will be two years past the original announced release date of Blind Dead. :confused:

russweiss, Katatonia and f.ramses like this.
  8. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Not exactly out of character for Synapse, though.

Steel76 likes this.
  9. Steel76

I hate how slow Synapse are.
    Arrow and Vinegar are just as good at making new 2K/4K transfers, yet it only takes them a few months, from announcement to release, not years.

Zombie Dude and Kim Bruun like this.
  10. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

They also put out about 10X the amount of films. Maybe they have bigger teams but it's proof that it can be done.

Steel76 likes this.
  11. Steel76

I think Don May Jr, is one of those guys, who needs a deadline.
    Probably just sits there and tweaks the color correction, back and forth for months/years, never being fully satisfied.
    He needs someone to kick him in the butt, and get things done, at a quicker pace.

Katatonia, Zombie Dude and russweiss like this.
  12. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

Not to pile on Synapse, because I like their product, but I will add that they also always charge an absolute premium for their titles, never have sales, and insist on releasing everything as some fancy limited steelbook. Of all the boutique labels, they are the one I purchase from the least.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
  13. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I finally watched their Massacre At Central High blu-ray last night, which is a great movie and a great disc, but man I must have spent at least five minutes trying to figure out a way to get the disc out of the case without snapping it in half. Synapse has to have one of the most bizarre business models I've ever seen. The guy puts years worth of time and energy into restoring these movies and creating these discs, then releases them in packaging that says these discs aren't meant for watching.

hots4 and Zombie Dude like this.
  14. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I ordered TOMBS OF THE BLIND DEAD directly from Synapse. $49.99 shipped. Can't wait to see this version! The Blind Dead are seriously creepy!

15. Katatonia

Same here... and it already shipped from CAV the same day, and it looks like it should be in my hands within 1-2 days if the Media Mail tracking # is accurate.

Pricey, but at least shipping was included in the price... and I've never had an issue with ordering these direct from Synapse/CAV before.

russweiss likes this.
  16. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I noticed ordering direct from Synapse (VS, Severin, ect) or from places like Grindhouse and Diabolik, ect. - the films are packaged with care unlike Amazon and some sellers on eBay. I got TOMBS from Synapse
    in the post yesterday. Nice presentation all around - tens across the board. The packaging was perfect. On the other had, I also received an item from Deepdiscount.com and although the
    Arrow ltd. ed. box was in a box, it was too huge with one square of bubble and, well, it wasn't pretty. What with all the rough handling, crushed extra space, ect. I think from here on out, I'm gonna
    be more selective where I order from. I don't care if I have to pay a little more than whatever's on sale at barbazon or DD.

chancetx likes this.
  17. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Wonder if Crocodile will be coming out any time soon?

Kim Bruun likes this.
  18. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

That would be awesome, but last I heard, I believe they were having issues finding usable material for the International (English language?) version. I hope the recent dispute about that Vibenius title has taught them valuable lesson of not sleeping on a title.

fceurich39 likes this.
  19. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Hope so synapse had trouble years back with another killer crocodile movie Dark Age but umbrella released a good version so they gave up on that title from what I recall.

20. Katatonia

...and Synapse will be releasing Tenebrae on 4K UHD in the US in 2 different versions:

https://www.synapsefilms.com/product/tenebrae-6000-piece-limited/

https://www.diabolikdvd.com/product...se-le-box-3-disc-4k-uhd-blu-ray-set-preorder/

[​IMG]

https://www.synapsefilms.com/product/tenebrae-2000-piece-limited-3-disc-edition-4k-uhd-set-2-uhds-1-bd-synapse-diabolikdvd-exclusive-tenebre-italian-variant-cover/

https://www.diabolikdvd.com/product...se-le-box-3-disc-4k-uhd-blu-ray-set-preorder/

[​IMG]

Note that the more "Limited" 2000 edition is pricier than the 6000 "Limited" set at Diabolik ($64.99 vs. $43.99) — so you're basically paying $20+ more just for the alternate cover art... and the discs and contents will be identical between them.

Colin, Nailwraps, baggio and 3 others like this.