Synapse Films to prepare 2K restoration for Curtains

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

This is just one more reason that I'm so glad Synapse is doing Suspiria.

2. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

The release date is now Aug 12th at amazon.ca. WTF?

3. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Mine shipped on Friday :)
    Got it from DiabolikDVD.

Amazon seems to be nothing but delays and problems these days.

4. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

I pre-ordered mine from Diabolik weeks ago and it still hasn't shipped. Wtf.

5. Steel76

Hmmm...strange. Send him a message :)

6. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I saw that. WTF? I mean it's $20.99 which is a great price but I don't understand why it was delayed by another 2 weeks.

~Matt

7. Steel76

8. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

I ordered CURTAINS from Diabolik - my order was sent to processing on Thursday (and my bank account shows a pending charge) but I still haven't gotten a shipping notification. I also ordered a bunch of other stuff, which I did get an email for. Could they have shipped my copy of Curtains with the other batch? It's cool but what about the shipping charge? If it all went together, should they refund the charge? One BD isn't going to make that much of a difference I think. Maybe I'll just drop it since I buy a lot of stuff from these guys.

9. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

They usually reserve a copy for all preorders before putting up stock on the site. Sometimes they will hold an order a couple of days to ship with other orders . If you paid with CC they usually adjust shipping charges. If you paid with Paypal tough luck.

Sometimes they forget to ship and you may have to email. They respond relatively quick so no worries there.

10. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

https://www.facebook.com/#!/permali...id=868637246497615&offset=0&total_comments=17

11. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

I just got my copy in!

Currently watching it and I feel like I'm watching a new movie. Everything about this transfer and audio rendering is absolute bliss.

12. Franco

Franco Weekender

I bought it at Barnes & Noble on Jul 20 and got it for $15.10 + int'l shipping. Isn't it the best price yet??? Or was it even lower than that in another store?

13. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I got it for $11.67 + $1.46 shipping from BlowItOutaHere (hasn't shipped yet though).

14. Franco

Franco Weekender

Ultra-cheap! :)

Unfortunately for me, they don't int'l ship to Peru, so my only option for a lower price than Amazon or others was Barnes & Noble in this case.

15. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I usually pick titles up at Suspect Video on Bloor and Markham St. They always put titles out before release day. I called them this week and they didn't get their shipment of Curtains in yet. And since Synapse gave reason for the Canadian delays, fuck it, I guess I can wait till August 12th. I just saw the movie at the Rue Morgue screening anyway so I can wait an extra couple weeks. I decided to combine it with Phantom of the Paradise ($20.99) and Without Warning ($18.99) since Scream blu-rays have been really cheap lately on amazon.ca. Must be the fact that they now have a Canadian distributor. Same goes for Criterion. New release Criterions are now going for $30 or less on amazon.ca. Picnic at Hanging Rock is only $28.99.

Fuck I need to cut back on my purchases, but too much stuff has been coming out lately. I was in LA a couple weeks ago and grabbed 8 Criterion blus from the Barnes and Noble sale and just grabbed another 8 yesterday when I was in upstate NY. Fuck...

~Matt

16. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

I just happened to stumble upon Suspect Video the last time I was in Toronto. Man that place is awesome.

We have a great place in Pittsburgh called Eides that has all of the cult film releases the day of, but they sell everything at MSRP. I have bought stuff off of them in the past but usually I'm too cheap to pay that much.

17. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

I just emailed Jesse at Diabolik and he told me that they just got their shipment in on Friday and have over a hundred orders to ship out which they would be working on all day tomorrow. He told me they haven't shipped any out yet.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  18. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Haha. I live near Suspect Video and yes it is awesome. Unfortunately, the building it is being run out of has been sold so I "suspect" that that this video store will be gone some time in 2015. It had a second location that burned to the ground and has not relocated in that part of town. So this one will most likely not move elsewhere in my neighbourhood when it is gone, either. Sucks. The prices were reasonable also.

19. Steel76

On my account page it said it shipped on friday, but in the mail, I noticed it just said it had been sent to processing. Oh well, let´s hope it´s shipped today.

20. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

Is it attached to Honest Ed's officially? I know that building is being sold and I was lucky enough to go through the place while I was there. Man that place is a trip, I couldn't figure out how to exit without actually buying something.

Anyway on topic, I'm still waiting for Blowitoutahere to ship mine since I pre-ordered it from them.