Synapse teases DEMONS for 2013 on Blu-ray!!!!!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by fceurich39, Jan 4, 2013.

1. deepred

deepred Member

THIS. Honestly, many Italian horror films have not looked as good as they could, especially in color which is a shame because their use of color is always so surreal, beautiful, vivid and artistic. If I have to pay a little more for them to fix it - I will! These movies to me are pieces of art.

I actually did not like the steelbook for Demons when photos were released but when I had my copy in my hands - I fell in love with the package. I even loved the included movie stub. I honestly did not feel gouged at all. And to top it off, shortly after I made my purchase they announced a very affordable blu-ray release of Curtains and Prom Night. I'm glad I supported them! And I cannot wait for SUSPIRIA!

Ok, so I have a hard-on for Synapse.

2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I'm not too happy about the prices of these steelbooks, but that's actually a really good way of looking at it. The SRPs on Prom Night and Curtains are super low! I pre-ordered Curtains for $13. Those are the two I wouldn't hesitate to drop $46 on, not so much the Italian stuff. I continually dragged my feet on Demons until the low quantity alert (and I really do love the movie), but will not bother with the upcoming Argento stuff.

I guess I can pretend I paid $46 for Prom Night and Curtains, and $13 for Demons and Demons 2.

3. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

Good point: Didn't they have to restore both Prom Night and Curtains as well? So why the higher price tag on Demons? These are all cult horror titles that appeal to the same fanbase; I would say PN is probably more popular than Demons, but Curtains certainly less so. They should all be in the same price range. If the steelbook was a Demons 1 / 2 double feature, for that price I would've bought it.

4. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

Damn right!

5. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Not really, it's like fixing up a house. Some houses are in good shape and need little work, some are pretty shitty and need a lot of work. They did a LOT of sound work on bringing together the alternate English dubbing which required constant syncing. Plus all the video issues described countless times now. It's all in their blog: http://synapse-films.com/news/a-demons-and-demons-2-release-update/

It's become abundantly clear that some people just don't give a damn about quality and so I wonder why they waste their time and money on HD at all. They just want something that's cheap. If you just want a cheap Demons steelbook on the newest fangled format then buy the Arrow release. Why are we still talking in circles about this?

6. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

Because from Twilight Time to Synapse's Demons to Shout!'s Nightbreed LE, this shows a disturbing trend of releases with unusually high price tags, that are also promoted as limited, meaning fans have no choice but to pay up now if they want a title, or miss out altogether. It also encourages scalpers to buy up stock just to re-sell at inflated prices on the secondary market. No one complains about the high price tag on Criterion titles, because we know the quality is there, and they don't pull that "Only 3,000 made! Buy now or miss out!" bullshit. But we're being forced to pony up for Nightbreed now, at double a Criterion price, w/o knowing what kind of quality to expect. Otherwise, I don't mind the high prices on Shout!'s Scream Factory SEs, because they tend to be good quality and packed with extras. And they're not limited. I detest Twilight Time, who charge the same (or more) as Scream, but limited and w/o extras. I've heard the quality on Demons is great, and I appreciate it, but with so much stuff coming out, and money being tight, I'd appreciate being able to wait a year or two to pick it up, or get it on sale somewhere, but "NO, IT'S LIMITED! ONLY 100 LEFT! ORDER NOW!!1"

7. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

From DiabolikDVD's Facebook:

So glad I held out!:banana:

8. CPT HOOK

Looks like standard blurays are being released in November. The extras have been removed though, it's just the movie and the trailer on the disc.

9. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Yeeeaaaassss.

10. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Glad I waited. I feel like they should have just released a double pack if they're just going to scrap the extras. Still, good news.

11. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I think my wife grabbed the Steelbook for my birthday. I kind of feel better knowing the standard release is bare bones.

12. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Same here. I don't regret buying the SteelBooks at all. They're beautiful, and like you said we get all the extras...and the Italian audio tracks.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  13. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

https://www.facebook.com/#!/Diaboli...d=10152737621488530&offset=0&total_comments=6

14. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Surely they'll keep all the audio tracks? :confused: I assumed that no features meant doco's and clips would be gone, not audio tracks.

EDIT: Nevermind, just read the FB link. Might as well just keep my Arrow edition then.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  15. CPT HOOK

Yes, I would be PISSED right now if these were the same discs. If I hadn't already bought them, I'd probably feel differently. But the more they Echo Bridge-ify these new versions, the better.

Vindictive, maybe, but I sure as hell didn't pay an extra $30 for the gimmicky tin packaging.

16. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Active Member

So, on the Steelbook there was 3 audio options right? Italian, English then a Euro track (English but slightly different). I was hoping for the Euro track! It's the one I grew up with, and sadly isn't on the Arrow release.

Does anyone know?

17. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Correct, 3 audio options.

The "Italian" audio track, the "International English" audio track, and then the "U.S. Mono" audio track.

18. killit

killit Active Member

I'm jazzed for those who held out, they'll get the best deal in my opinion. The covers are not my taste, the mono soundtrack which I usually love just doesn't sound very good here and no one I watch demons with will read subtitles. The extras are not at all interesting in my opinion and I LOVE these films. If you like Demons you know all the info received on the discs extras

19. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

English track (horrible dubbing and all) is the only way to watch this movie.

I could care less about the Italian soundtrack not being included.

20. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Great news. I'll be picking up these new editions!