Synapse To Put Out The Dorm That Dripped Blood(Pranks)

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by BlackAndBlu81, Mar 2, 2010.

1. RidgeShark

RidgeShark New Member

Reminds me of that other thread where someone pointed out that delays are rarely remembered, but a faulty disc is forever - or something to that effect.

On a personal side note, you know what product delay got to me the most in my life? Nintendo's Ultra 64. Supposed to come out in 1995, then delayed til April 1996 - April is my birth month so "woohoo!" right? Wrong, delayed until Sept 96 and finally released as the Nintendo 64. Had some good times with that machine and it was important to me back then, but I'm no longer a gamer and no longer even have the system.

2. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

atleast this delay wont be like the zombi 2 dvd that shriek show put out

3. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Not practicing what you're preaching I see.

You broke a twenty, not your first born, for the DVD. Sorry if I'm not shedding a tear.

4. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

To put things in context, even if you have a direct contract with a company who is building you a house that you already put a downpayment on, I can guarantee you that you will be incredible lucky if it is built by the time agreed upon by both parties. This is a dvd that you have nothing invested on yet. At most, it is a social contract that they are breaching where you may not trust the street date they post for now on. But everyone and Synapse both know that their end product is worth the wait, which is why Don won't care about people complaining. In the end, he knows you will buy it anyway because tardiness is not a reason to dismiss such a release.

5. Jeremy

Jeremy Closet SCREAM fan

That was me, and what I was pointing out was that disc delays are almost never remembered, and when they are remembered, it's almost impossible to find someone who's still holding a grudge against the company over the delay years on down the road. The only delays that still resonate at all in anybody's memory are the really long ones for hotly anticipated titles, the wait for STREET TRASH from Synapse or the wait from Grindhouse for CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST. Now this disc, THE DORM THAT DRIPPED BLOOD, this is a pretty small delay, and as much as it annoys some people, nobody is going to remember this delay in six months' time, let alone a few years down the road. Ten years ago, when Anchor Bay was putting out EVIL DEAD 2 on DVD, the non-tin version was delayed by a week or two because there was a manufacturing delay. And people on this very forum howled and screamed about it. But the disc came out in the end, and when was the last time you heard anybody complaining that ten years ago they had to wait two extra weeks for EVIL DEAD 2? But for those two extra weeks that people were waiting there was a lot of hostility.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that the memory of a flawed disc is *forever*, but I would say that people will remember a flawed disc until a better version is available. There was a video interview done with Bill Lustig fairly recently in which he was still having to explain and justify the end credits on DEEP RED and the sound mix on SUSPIRIA, and this was ten years later on for these titles. And that's an example of why taking your time and doing the disc right is more important than meeting your initial street date. Lustig-produced discs have been subject to delays too, but nobody remembers those. But people still remember the flaws on SUSPIRIA and DEEP RED. And they will continue to remember them until better versions are available, at which point even these long controversies will start to slip down the memory hole. The DEEP RED Blu that's coming out soon, that should finally put that controversy to rest just as long as Lustig fixes the end credits without introducing any new flaws.

6. bloodthrill

bloodthrill New Member

All I will say is,thank you Jeremy,for being the only poster to actually consider what has been said, and provide an informative,diplomatic response. I wouldn't ask that you necessarily agree with me,but at least you weren't a complete dick about it. I seem to recall hearing a lot of complaints on here about delayed disc release,but apparently this week a few people decided there needed to be some kind of conflict to give them a sense of worth.

'Hope it worked.When it rains stupidity,it definitely pours.And in keeping with that theme,whoever (I honestly didn't even bother to look)posted the clever "practice what you preach" comment obviously missed the point completely (shocker).

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  7. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

The "defectiveness" of the original release of God´s Bloody Acre will be...:D

8. RidgeShark

RidgeShark New Member

Ah yes, thank you Jeremy. I thought you made some good points in this and the other post. Anyway, I find it funny that Lustig is still explaining what happened with those discs. Shows just how persistent a minority like us old school horror fans can be.

9. Getmoredvdsout

Getmoredvdsout New Member

Everyone has their opinion and that is cool. People are allowed opinions. All I know is that Synapse has explained why there is a small delay, they don't have a history like Code Red regarding releasing titles and we know it will be released. So what is the problem?

I don't think it is worth getting upset about at all. I would prefer the disc to be released correctly for the sake of 25 days or whatever. Ah well, to each their own.

10. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Active Member

i pre-ordered it on DVD Pacific today, it said '29 March 2011'

i can wait, i just hope that the BluRay will surely be a Region All

11. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Oh I'd do it in real life, trust me.

Congratulations, you just insulted hundreds of other people on this board with that insightful remark.

And claiming you never made a big deal of it is a joke. You said exactly "it is a big deal to me". And yes, making a big deal out of nothing (especially when the studio gave a PERFECTLY REASONABLE excuse for its relatively minor delay - and quite quickly I might add) constitutes drama.

~Matt

12. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

I was wondering what was taking you so long. With 3500+ posts I expect snappier retorts :p

13. FinalSora

FinalSora New Member

My pre-order at Amazon still says shipping on March 8th. Disappointed about the delay, but I understand the need for quality control.

14. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

LOL you'll probably get the "delayed" email on the 8th.

~Matt

15. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

I'm about to ruin somebody's weekend :p: CAV just sent out a press release, it's been pushed back to April 26th.

16. Marshall Crist

Marshall Crist New Member

17. bloodthrill

bloodthrill New Member

Source,please?

If this is true,fuck this fucking shit. Highly disappointing.

18. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

Source is CAV (their distributor):

[​IMG]

19. bloodthrill

bloodthrill New Member

Thanks,Kamuix. :mad:

20. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

My Embodiment Of Evil blu-ray arrived over 2 weeks early.

Maybe we'll luck out and they'll ship Dorm early too?