Synapse To Put Out The Dorm That Dripped Blood(Pranks)

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by BlackAndBlu81, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Sounds great. Can't hardly wait :)

2. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

I can't wait for this one!!!:)

3. gunner

gunner Cropsy Maniac

woohoo!! I'm eager!!

4. Getmoredvdsout

Getmoredvdsout New Member

Top stuff, Don! Thank You. Can not wait.

5. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

im so very excited!!!!!!! ok. so are yall gonna release it under that title "Death Dorm"? Or Under "The Dorm that Dripped Blood" ?

6. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

That's AWESOME!! I always had a feeling there was something missing from the drill scene... even in the so-called "uncut" version. Not sure if you're able to release this info, but is the "boiling pot" scene longer as well?

7. SynapseFilms

SynapseFilms Guest

We will be releasing the film as THE DORM THAT DRIPPED BLOOD, but it will have the DEATH DORM title card. The father getting beaten with the spiked bat is also different. Until we go through the entire movie and compare, we really don't know exactly what else is different yet with it all, but we're running into things that were trimmed out as we go.

8. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

Did anyone see this in theaters? And if so, which version?

9. Wez4555

Wez4555 Happy Trees Motherfucker!

When is Synapse going to start going Blu? I thought they had some in the pipeline but i havent heard anything since. Also pumped for dorm that dripped blood as well!

10. SynapseFilms

SynapseFilms Guest

Synapse will go Blu on select titles as soon as the sales on our stuff start picking up. The industry is pretty cruddy right now (for all of us labels) and we cannot justify the expense for everything yet because sales just AREN'T there for the stuff. Maybe, in a few months, things will hopefully pick back up again and people will embrace Blu a bit more, letting some of us smaller labels actually release more titles in the format.

We have a few going now, for release later in the year, but I'll tell you right now that, if they don't sell on Blu, we won't be doing much in that format until it gains more ground with the public.

11. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

Wonderful, now I'll have to double dip. Granted, I didn't care for the edited version of this movie but I'll still have to pick up this new version. Synapse is quality.

12. bloodthrill

bloodthrill New Member

Unseen print? Additional gore?And Synapse is on the job?

So Sold.

From the brutal kills to the uncomfortably-downbeat ending,this one's a top notch example of the early-80s slasher.

JEF Films should be burned to the ground for defamation of this popcorn flicker (transfer that looked like you were watching it through a screen door, inexplicable violence trims,and tin-can audio).

Now please rescue Schoolnik's Hide And Go Shriek..another deserving late-80s boobs n' blood extravaganza.

13. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Pretty soon now they'll be asking when these will all be updated to 3D.

14. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

I could care less about Blu. Dvd vs. BluRay...noticeable? Yes. That much of a viewing improver? Nein!

15. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

It really depends on what you're watching. The difference in quality between the DVD and blu-ray editions of Friday the 13th is pretty noticeable. Go on www.DVDbeaver.com and check out the comparison between Criterion's DVD and blu-ray of Last Year at Marienbad...pretty massive jump in quality.

~Matt

16. rin0001

rin0001 New Member

patti's death!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE watch even further! Ive always thought there should be more to the pot boiling death (Patti's kill) it doesnt seem right if there is pictures of it (Vipco's VHS cover, additional poster) and it isnt on the film. If there is more to Patti's death- PLEASE tell us! Ive always wanted to know!

17. SynapseFilms

SynapseFilms Guest

It may be just a difference of a few frames here and there, but it's pretty much the same. That shot on the Vipco release doesn't even match the size of the pot in the film, so our belief is that it was a "promo" shot that was never in the movie in the first place. I mean, in the film, the pot she's put into is a HUGE dish sanitizing system that her whole body fits in. The cover shows a head in pot boiling on some sort of stovetop. You see her body later, but it's jammed into a closet when the killer is revealing the bodies to the "final" girl... and the "burn" makeup isn't even the same as the Vipco cover. I'll ask Stephen Carpenter next time I talk with him and, maybe, he can shed some light on this in the commentary.

18. Getmoredvdsout

Getmoredvdsout New Member

Don, As someone like yourself who would know about rights to certain films etc....

Do you have any idea who does own the rights to Hide and Go Shriek or Iced?

19. SynapseFilms

SynapseFilms Guest

Nope, but was HIDE was New World so it might be owned by whoever still has their library. Didn't Anchor Bay release a bunch of New World titles at one time?

20. foller

foller Active Member

Hide and Go Shriek is available as a Region 4 Pal DVD from Force Entertainment in Australia. Sadly it's only 4:3, English Audio is Dolby Digital 2.0.

Attached Files: