Tales from the Crypt [DVD Discussion]

Discussion in 'General' started by y2doublet, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

2. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

Man oh man, I can't decide. Usually, I just rent TV DVDs when they do not have commentaries, etc. But...this is Tales from the Crypt! Aaargh! That Amazon.com price is ridiculous. Must...buy...no, no, must rent. No, must...buy.

Cujo, thanks for the review.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2005
  3. Latency

Latency Guest

w00t!!! Thanks for the info about the second season. Less than a week until S1.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Sorry, but I think anything more than $16 for only six episodes of Tales From The Crypt is a bit steep!

HBO really knows how to milk the fans...none of their season sets have EVER come cheap.

5. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Doode, it's like three discs:
    Disc 1
    Dead Right
    The Switch
    Cutting Cards
    'Til Death
    Three's a Crowd
    The Thing From The Grave

Disc 2
    The Sacrifice
    For Cryin' Out Loud
    Four-Sided Triangle
    The Ventriloquist's Dummy
    Judy, You're Not Yourself Today
    Fitting Punishment

Disc 3
    Korman's Kalamity
    Lower Berth
    Mute Witness to Murder
    Television Terror
    My Brother's Keeper
    The Secret

6. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

All this news rocks. I never would have thought I'd have one season of TFTC this year, let alone two. And kudos on the awesome artwork. I dont care if the 1st set is sparse, the second will deliver the goods with more episodes and hot damn, once we've got all the seasons out they're gonna look sweet on my shelf.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2005
  7. Oh, U must be talking about Season 2... I mean Season ONE'S steep price for only 6 episodes.

8. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

Finaly Television Terror the best episode ever!!! :D

9. Oh my gosh, someone who shares my opinion. this is one of my favorites if not THEE fav Tales from the Crypt episode. Its the one with Morton Downey Jr. walking the TV cameras through a haunted house ain't it? Oh man, I LOVE that one!

10. Lyle Horowitz

Lyle Horowitz Miscreant

Well, I got my copy. Pretty great so far, glad to have one of my favorites on DVD. Been wanting this since the birth of the format. I am glad S2 is coming in only 3 months! My favorite episodes are:

Dig That Cat, He's Real Gone!
    Well-Cooked Hams
    Top Billing
    What's Cookin'
    The New Arrival
    Showdown
    Death Of Some Salesman
    Last Respects

11. According to TVShowsonDVD.com, the opening sequence with the trek into the house and the Cryptkeepers remarks are missing from the episodes. Is this the case Lyle? They also say that the All Through the House episode seems to be shorter than it should be. I'd like to know if these things are true before I shell out my money for the set.

12. SilentScreams

SilentScreams Member

I have the HBO VHS of TFTC with the episode All Through the House and it's only 22 minutes long. That's the same running time that the TVShowsonDVD.com review lists so it must be uncut.

13. Good, I was worried about that most of all.

14. ScarredGod

ScarredGod Guest

they dont mention the cryptkeepers remarks being removed, at least not the way i read it. i think just the trek thru the house which is the same for every episode has been removed and only used once. i assume each episode starts with just the cryptkeepers intro.

15. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

If anything, the trek through the house not being on every episode is a good thing. I don't own much TV on DVD (although I will be getting all the TFTC sets), but I know with my Married With Children set, Simpsons, etc... I just want to get to the episodes. But, if the Cryptkeeper's remarks are not on the set, I will not buy it. But, the one reviewer mentions that each episode begins with the Cryptkeeper talking about the morale of the tale, so I'd imagine that's it.

16. Lyle Horowitz

Lyle Horowitz Miscreant

The intro sequence is only when you start up the DVD. None before the episode stars. And All Through The House is uncut as far as I know. Nothing I remember is missing. The documentary on the second disc is fascinating.

17. Lyle Horowitz

Lyle Horowitz Miscreant

And no, the Cryptkeeper opens and wraps up every episode, as always.

18. Thanks for the info Lyle, that makes me more comfortable about buying the set.

19. Latency

Latency Guest

Fuck :(. I'm the kinda guy who will probably only watch one episode per night. I totally love the intro/outtro and will only get to see it for the first episode? Kinda lame but oh well, at least the DVD is finally here.