Tamara

Discussion in 'General' started by Mortis, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    I never heard of this film, then I accidently found the trailer online. It looks pretty cool to me!!

2. Stormrider

Stormrider Guest

I expected mixed reviews,as it was supposed to be released on DVD in the US but they decided to put it into theatres first, so I don't know if it shows that it was made with a limited budget when being watched in movie theatres.
    Here in Germany the rental version of the movie is being released on DVD February the 8th. No information yet when it will be available for sale here in Germany. I suppose it will be available at Xploited Cinema in the US when it will be released.

3. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

BD Goes One-on-One With 'Tamara's' Jeffrey Reddick

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/index.php?Show=5722&Template=newsfull

4. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

TAMARA IN NEW YORK TONIGHT

http://www.creature-corner.com/?type=news&id=1138

5. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

I saw this a few weeks ago. It wasn't bad but I wouldn't pay to see it in a theatre. If it was DTV it would've been an above average DTV film. There some decent kills in it though. I was a little surprised actually that they showed what they did because most of the film seems like a PG-13 type of thing.

I don't think that the girl playing Tamara is hot at all. In fact she really bugs me and that's one of the big reasons why I didn't like this film as much as I would've.

6. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I rented it last night, and gave it a spin earlier. The first half of the film reminded me of many 80's horror films...but the second half got a tad ridiculous at times. And what was with the wacky ending? I honestly laughed!

It's worth a rent. Definitely a notch above the average LG crap-DVD.

7. scrybe

scrybe Guest

i never saw ther final cut. we re-did some of the effects here and gave her that zombie makeup (sculpted by mark villalobos) for the one day that they did re-shoots.
    kinda 'carrie' meets 'the craft', i thought...

8. Shannafey

I have a copy in my hand, fresh from Blockbuster. I'll give it a spin this week.

9. shift

shift Hot as shit!

ending did suck 4 sure. :(

10. Shannafey

The movie was so average!! Some of the kills were inspired and I thought the dark ending was good. I didn't like the very end! I hate when they set you up for a sequel that would suck!! Overall I wouldn't recommend this to anyone though. It wasn't that good! It definitely needed some nudity on behalf of the lead actress!!!

11. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I liked it well enough. It was an obvious rip off of several movies, but at least they were all good movies. Rip off the best damn it. On its own, Tamara had enough of a sense of fun about it that I was able to just go with it after awhile. A lot of that is because Jenna Dewan was just fabulous in the role and it was great to watch her. I was impressed with her performance and thought it was perfect for the movie. Love her. As an aside, she is really just ridiculously beautiful. In some shots she was so beautiful I was like, "Are you kidding me with this? Who looks like that?" Love her. I hope she does more horror; I would like the claim her as a Scream Queen, but I fear it is not to be.

12. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Saw this a couple of days ago. I thought it was fun, Expeically the first hour as there were a few scenes that came out of left field. It did loose it's way a bit toward the end. Overall though I thought it was an above average DTV flick.

13. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I dug this thread up after revisiting this fun little movie last night, and WOW! This was an actual thing? I want to know more about this? Who won a romantic dinner with Mrs. Channing Tatum in "one of their 30 unique beds, accompanied with 400 thread count sheets, bathrobes and slippers"?