Tell Me How I Die (January 2nd, 2018)

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by CPT HOOK, Jan 2, 2018.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

This was released on DVD today. Looked like it could be a fun little slasher movie. I went ahead and picked it up.

[​IMG]

Workshed and fceurich39 like this.
  2. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Looks alright I got houses October built 2 and a horror slasher film called Psychopaths both DVDs also at Walmart for 9.96!

3. CPT HOOK

Let us know how Psychopaths is, I've been on the fence about ordering it from Amazon (also $9.96). We were discussing it a bit in the thread for Darling, a previous film from the same director.

I watched Pod, another film from Mickey Keating, on Amazon Prime last night to see if it'd tip the scales. I didn't really like it, although there was some great stuff in it.

fceurich39 likes this.
  4. fceurich39

Will do the reason I got psychopaths was because I really enjoyed Ashley bell and director mickey keating in Carnage Park and movie itself was very cool also stars bell in psychopaths.

5. fceurich39

Just watched Psychopaths its a psychedelic horror slasher that kinda plays like an anthology movie I really enjoyed it. Also there is a trailer for a movie called The Sound with Christopher Lloyd and rose McGowan that looks kinda interesting.

CPT HOOK and Workshed like this.
  6. CPT HOOK

Thanks for the review. I spotted the DVD (it has a nice slipcover) at FYE last night, but at full price. I might pick it up later this week. Watched Keating's Darling on NetFlix last night, still have to check out Carnage Park before I decide.

Okay, thread officially derailed! Back to Tell Me How I Die. :p

fceurich39 likes this.
  7. CPT HOOK

Finally watched Tell Me How I Die, and actually thought it was good fun! The ITN logo at the beginning scared me, because most of their releases are no-budget unwatchable garbage. I was really taken aback, because this looked like a big multi-million dollar budget slasher movie! They probably spent a million dollars on all the CGI snow alone (it was shot entirely in Los Angeles). I can't imagine how they'll make their money back, unless it's a huge hit on the foreign market. I think the last time I saw a completely-out-of-nowhere slasher flick with production values this high was the stellar Girlhouse (see thread here).

My only real complaint might be the running time, as 108 minutes is way too long for a teen slasher movie (unless you're Scream or doing something more with it). But if you dig those highly polished teen slashers from the early '00s, this one may be worth your time. It reminded me of a really cool movie from a couple years ago called Bloodworx (see thread here) crossed with the early '00s Stallone slasher flick Eye See You.

You can find the DVD for dirt cheap as well (I got mine for $8 from DeepDiscount). Looks like there's a region-locked German blu-ray, if you'd rather go hi-def. If you like your slasher movies slick and glossy, I'd say this ones worth a try.

Workshed and fceurich39 like this.
  8. fceurich39

Got this at Walmart today will give it a watch tonight!