Texas Chainsaw 3D Blu-ray/dvd on may 14th and it is packed

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by fceurich39, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

Did the person or people who wrote this incredibly monumental pile of shit even bother to watch the original? This may be the most illogical and absurd horror sequel ever made. I missed half the movie due to the fact that I was rolling my eyes the whole fucking time and the "Austin Powers" way that they so cleverly hid any revelation of a year was painfully hilarious. I rented the thing and feel like I paid too much.

Last edited: May 19, 2013
  2. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Well-Known Member

Quote by the director;

Luessenhop: We've taken a little bit of license with the years so that he's not 65-years-old, and that our heroine is not 40-years-old, to present a story that fits in the TEXAS world. We've taken a little bit of license with that, I'll admit, so that people don't do all the math...

And remember, Luessenhop did the the final uncredited draft of the script so I doubt the writers are really to blame here.

3. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

Well someone is to blame. "...to present a story that fits in the TEXAS world"? What the fuck does that mean?! Does time manifest itself differently in Texas? No, it means that you were told by your bosses to market it to the teen crowd you fucking moron so just say that. Why try so hard to shoehorn in a story that no matter how hard you try obviously makes no fucking sense?! What's wrong with writing a story that does make a slight bit of sense? It's not like the plot was so goddamned original to begin with that it was just too hard to pass up so they threw logic out the window to make it fit. If they forced in a good story I could see that. Just trying to absord the idiocy of this clusterfuck of a film makes my head hurt. Who the fuck picks up a hitchhiker and then mere hours later leaves them alone in their house?! Seriously?! Bottom line is that they were so desperate to market it to the teen crowd that this was the result. Just put Leatherface in fucking space and be done with it already. That probably would have been more entertaining and logical than this thing. I've seen some bad sequels in my time but Jesus Christ, this one is LEGENDARY. I would LOVE hear Tobe Hooper's commentary on this so called film, but I would honestly rather go to the dentist than to sit through this train wreck again. Anyone listen to Hooper's commentary? There's no fucking way he could have approved of it.

Last edited: May 19, 2013
  4. Crazferret

Crazferret Member

I watched the original Chainsaw AND this 'sequel' back to back WITH Tobe Hooper in attendance. He seems to be down with this movie. It could have been all PR stuff during the Q&A though. I will say he spent most of the time talking about the original flick. The guy who moderated the questions sucked though.

5. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

The amount of liberties this film takes is far over into egregious territory. And just because the film makers choose to acknowledge the more glaring issues doesn't negate the fact that its just plain lazy writing.

But the complete lack of the way in which time is preceived or the ability to establish a setting is the least of this film's problems. The biggest issue I have with the film is the fact that paints itself as a direct sequel to the original classic, yet it completely ignores the events in the film. A paper thin "family fued" is conjured up and the audience is supposed to sympathize with Leatherface and his family under the basis of what? Why is the Mayor now being portrayed as the bad guy?...because he killed a notorious family of mass murderers and cannibals? I don't get it.

Honestly...if this film would have dropped the whole family fued thing and the relative angle and just focused on body count, it would have been miles more entertaining...that's actually what I was looking forward to...but it decided to be more dumb than it really needed to be.

6. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

That's pretty much how I feel about this. If a fan has to sit there and think "what the fuck is going on?" then you've done something wrong.
    Sure there was some gore in there too but I found it to be hardly bloody or disturbing when it came to deaths. That was probably one of the more pathetic things the film had to offer. It's no wonder they took "Massacre" out of the title.
    :lol:
    That line had me laughing for quite some time. Texas is obviously just that different from the rest of the world.
    I agree. They focused the story too much on that. They totally neglected suspense and at the very least entertaining kills.

7. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

It was dumb as fuck... but provided me a good 90 minutes of good time.

8. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

Basically.

I knew going in that I wouldn't be getting much. The original is one of my top 5 favorite films of all time and after suffering through the some terrible sequel/reboot disappointment...well, it is what it is.

Definitely not something I will purchase.

9. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

This was my biggest complaint and the only way I can make sense of it is this:
    Before the asshole major or whoever started shooting first, the family was going to give Leatherface to the cops peacefully.
    Still doesn't erase the fact they just killed 5-6 people! That's worse than Benghazi!:D:D:D

10. It's me Billy

It's me Billy New Member

At least TC3D did something that none of the other films did (but should have)... completely recreate Quick Hill and the farmhouse from the 1974 original and pick up where it left off. I thought that was so cool. They should have done something similar with TCM2 (1986). Instead of jumping ahead 40 years to 2013, maybe TC3D should have jumped ahead just a few years to the late 70s or early to mid 80s and had Bill Moseley in two roles (as Drayton Sawyer and Chop Top) along with Leatherface throughout the entire film. I think that would have been better received.

11. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Well-Known Member

Started listening. Not much new info. Hooper just seems happy about the effort they went to in the opening. Also, Hoopers dry/funny comments seem to go over producer, Mazzone's (did I spell that right?) head. For hardcore fans only!

12. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

On sale for $14.99 at Best Buy now. Trade in an old DVD and it's just $9.99. Not bad for a recent BD 3D release.

13. napalm baby

napalm baby Member

Shame it's censored or I would buy it instantly .... can't believe the only way to get it uncut is on iTunes digital download and only 2D.

14. Stige

Stige Well-Known Member

curiosity I guess.....
    I just checked the scandinavian blu, and I could see the scene with the face peel missing, and the opening credits but the final scene showed BOTH wrists being cut and the ( whatever he was) sliding into the chopping machine. Am I insane ?

watched the unrated download and the blu side by side btw

15. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I did that earlier this week.

LOVE Upgrade & Save! Will probably go back for more before it's over.

[​IMG]

16. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

17. foller

foller Active Member

It has just been confirmed that the French Blu of Texas Chainsaw 2D contains the unrated version (="version integrale") of the 2D as well as the 3D version on the film. The English audio option is without forced French subtitles. So if you want the unrated versions of Texas Chainsaw 2+3D or "The Beginning", the French Blus are the only option. So ***k Warner and Lions Gate and give your money to a company that deserves it.

http://www.amazon.fr/Texas-Chainsaw...qid=1386375204&sr=8-1&keywords=texas+Chainsaw

http://www.amazon.fr/Massacre-à-tro...qid=1386375204&sr=8-3&keywords=texas+Chainsaw

18. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

While I fully agree with the "Fuck Warner" statement, you can get the Beginning unrated from Canada. French BD is probably better (I've seen the screens over at Blu-ray dot com), but Candian is cheaper and does the trick well, I recently purchased and watched it myself.:)

19. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

Finally watched this, what a terrible film this was.

Why make it out like the Sawyers weren't actually bad? We know they were from the first film.

20. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Does anybody here have the French blu, is it definitely uncut?