Texas Chainsaw 3D Blu-ray/dvd on may 14th and it is packed

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by fceurich39, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

If the Unrated version is not coming to disc, I´ll download a torrent instead.
    Fuck you, Lionsgate!

2. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I only want this Uncut and Unrated on Blu. If what is being said it true, I will purchase another Blu-Ray with the money I will save. Will have to wait until next month to really find out.

3. Stige

Stige Active Member

any news on the UK version?

4. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I have to agree with everyone else here, if the unrated cut is only available on digital download, i will not be purchasing period, i will find a way of seeing it, don't they realise that the people who want this version are the people who will NOT buy it this way, we won't it on Blu, Fuck Lionsgate that's all i will say, checked the BBFC there is no note of the unrated version being put up for classification so it looks like the theatrical will only be available in the UK, On a possible note, the germans do seem to be getting a lot of unrated stuff on there blu rays releases so it could come out on Blu there, but we will have to wait and see, anyway digital downoad only is fucking stupid, and i hope if it does happen here with all the fuss we create it won't happen again.

5. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

If Lionsgate are really doing this, it's pure stupidity.

They've been taking on far too much crap over the past few years, and have had net losses the last few years now. They may be in deep financial difficulties soon if they don't find a way to turn some profit. I sure as hell wouldn't buy any of their stock.

6. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

The thing is i would like this to do well i love anything chainsaw so would really like to see a sequel i think the home market sales will have a bearing on the final decision, but there is no way on earth i am paying for a digital download no way in a million years. And there is no way in a million years i'm buying the cut version. Stupid Stupid Lionsgate.

7. Steel76

8. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

And they wonder why people download shit illegally. I was planning on at least checking this out if it was unrated, but now I'll just skip it completely on principle.

9. Steel76

Great! I see they have erased all the posts people made about the Unrated not coming on disc. Another sign it will NOT be unrated on disc.

Again... FUCK YOU, LIONSGATE!!!

10. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Massive fuck you lionsgate from me also!!!

11. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

yep they even removed it themselves it must have been false here is a post someone who emailed them this morning

just heard back from Lionsgate, having emailed them this morning. All they said, in a nice form mail, was that they had no information on an unrated blu ray/dvd release of Texas Chainsaw at this time. Figures no one had the balls to be more specific. While Facebook put up the ad for the unrated digital download on April 30th, the very label itself has no information. who do you believe? No one. I'll just get it for myself. But I wanted to share my information, such as it is

12. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

I'm pretty much satisfied of what we're getting now (I haven't seen the film in theaters). If it's any concellation, this will probably be like Rambo when the Theatrical Version was released on Blu-ray first then along came an Extended Cut on Blu-ray sometime later.

13. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

It sucks Lionsgate is doing this with the unrated cut but I'll still be picking up the disc in May.

14. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Can't believe you people who say you are going to buy the disc, we have to make a stand, what they are doing sucks. If we don't buy they will think very carefully next time, if we do buy, nothing will change.

15. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

I highly doubt you and a few others taking a stand will affect the sales that badly.

Plus Lionsgate will be probably pull a Rambo/Expendables and release a director's cut later on.

It sucks but I predicted they would do that.

16. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I'm just worried that they'll be stubborn because of this and not give us the unrated cut at all. Still, I completely agree that this is not acceptable and a fuss should be made. I don't understand their logic for the download only of the more popular cut though.

17. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

I liked the movie fine in R-rated form, still plenty gruesome, I'll still buy it. If an unrated download only option comes out, I can just download that when it comes out, not buying it twice unless it's super cheap.

18. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

I actually don't think the unrated cut is true because the facebook page removed the uinrated part of their post yesterday!!!!

I am getting it since I have every chainsaw film on dvd/Blu-ray anyway. also the special features is going to be amazing their done by red shirt pictures the guys who are doing all the SCREAM FACTORY TITLES!!!

19. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

still says unrated cut coming on digital download April 30?

20. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

Like it as I saw it in theaters, I'll buy it.