Texas Chainsaw 3D Blu-ray/dvd on may 14th and it is packed

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by fceurich39, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Active Member

Just finished watching and that sounds about right. Nothing to write home about.

2. knewby

knewby Member

According to iTunes the unrated clocks in at a whopping sixty seconds longer.........Larry

3. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

And that was too big a deal to put on BD and DVD? What a load of shit.

4. booper71

booper71 Lord of the Thighs.

I want to see this but it's way down on my list. I'm so backed up now that I need roto-rooter!

5. knewby

knewby Member

Not having the unrated is BS but are the trimmed scenes available in the bonus features? As long as we can see them, but hell I'm sure those few seconds will wind up on youtube, etc

6. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

just watched it and loved it, not sure about this additional 60 seconds though, it ran for 1:32:01, I have checked with the bbfc for UK release times and the blu ray release is noted at 1:31:52, making this about 9 seconds longer, hopefully movie-censorship will have a comparison soon, seems a lot of fuss over such a small time frame, ow well that's the MPAA for you!!!!! Let's hope that Canadian Blu turns out to be uncut, I know it's a small amount but god damn it if i'm going to purchase it I want those 9 seconds!!!!

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  7. Zombie Dude

Ok, while I still think it's stupid for LionsGate to not put this out unrated as a hard copy, this flick leaves a a lot to be desired. The plot I thought went in an interesting direction but as others have said, the plot holes here boggle the brain. I don't feel like this was made for the fans of the original at all. I still don't see how the opening scene works. It makes no sense as all these random "Sawyer's" to suddenly be there. The characters are also pretty bland and there's some pretty terrible CGI here too.

I felt like this movie had potential but no one actually sat down to flesh out the story and iron out all the shit that didn't make sense. Once it started getting interesting it ended leaving me with an anticlimactic ending. My feeling overall at the end was "what was wrong with the remake, and why not go one from there?" At least that one gave some impact with its kills.

Evil Dead comes out here in AUS soon. Lets hope that doesn't leave such a sour taste in my mouth.

8. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

i have to agree with the random sawyer's family members just seeming to appear, i did think that was pretty poor, and i know lots has been mentioned at the age of heather noting a document or clock (can't remember which one), that noted it was 2012, making her over 40, i never saw anything that mentioned a date, but to be honest was not looking to hard, i kind of ignored that, i know others can't and i understand but i just went with it and enjoyed it, hell it's not perfect, but it's much better than others have noted.

9. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

there is supposedly a deleted scene where drayton sawyer calls other sawyers over to the house and sometime goes by b4 the police show up to explain that plot hole

10. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Scanned through the unrated cut a bit. It's literally extra frames of footage, mainly just a few more beats during the kills.

11. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

I didn't need a scene in which Drayton calls the other family members because I assumed that's what he did.

12. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it would have been great if they left that scene in when he calls for backup, but when the cop arrives, you can actually see some of the them getting out of a car and run into the house.

Only watched the opening scene, and when I noticed the backup call still wasn´t there, I was disappointed and kinda lost interest and watched something else. Will give it another try later tonight though.

I guess they will release an "extended director´s cut" when the sequel comes out next year.
    And if the DO, they better put it on disc.

13. Zombie Dude

It didn't flow right for me. Plus it was even more painful because it was obvious the only reason they chucked in all those extra characters was to have that mother and her baby present.

14. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I've managed to do a comparison between uncut and cut and the cuts are: Kelly, when he is cut in half, uncut you see the saw going through 4 times, cut you see the saw going though 3 times. the mayor at the end in the grinder, uncut you see leather face cut through both hands and then him fall into grinder in one take, cut you only see him cut through his right hand, and the slide into the grinder is intercut with footage of the cop watching, not much but enough to make a difference for me, the scene with the major is much much better in the uncut release.

15. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

also heard face removal scene and additional shot of trey dead in the car dunno for sure

anyway a friend on facebook got it early and he said the alternate opening scene is included as a special feature

16. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Those listings can be added by anybody, so I would take it all with a grain of salt. That being said, Canada did get unrated versions of The Possession and Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning, both with no mentioning on the packaging whatsoever that they were the uncut versions, so you never know.

To me it doesn't matter how much or little is cut, bottom line is they have a uncut HD edit, there is no reason for it not to be included unless they are tryign to prove a point by forcing people to switch to digital downloads. Either way I'm not buying it (Unless I find this somewhere dirt cheap) out of spite. It may be silly but so is them not including on the $30 Bluray! If I feel the need to watch the film I guess I will have to find a torrent somewhere.

17. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

face removal and trey dead in car are both exactly the same, only differences are the ones I noted before.

18. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I agree spawning blue, I have seen the uncut version but I did not pay for it, would have brought it on blu uncut, but no uncut no sale.

19. napalm baby

napalm baby Member

Same here I have a nice HD torrent , fuck you lionsgate .. you could of had my money but I ain't paying you a fucking dime for a cut blu ray :fire:

20. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

checking the bbfc website there is the possibility that the UK 3D blu is uncut, check out the four entries and the times noted for each:

TEXAS CHAINSAW [3D] Film 91m 50s Lions Gate UK Ltd 29/11/2012
    TEXAS CHAINSAW [2D] Film 91m 50s Lions Gate UK Ltd 29/11/2012
    TEXAS CHAINSAW Video 88m 7s Lions Gate Home Entertainment UK Ltd 11/03/2013
    TEXAS CHAINSAW [3D] Video 91m 52s Lions Gate Home Entertainment UK Ltd 23/04/2013