Texas Chainsaw 3D Blu-ray/dvd on may 14th and it is packed

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by fceurich39, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

^ 2 seconds longer though? It's most likely just a logo placement or something.

Lionsgate usually region locks most of their UK Blu-rays, so even if it were uncut, it probably wouldn't help out most overseas people here who aren't yet region-free.

2. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

review at dread central notice alternate opening is included as a special feature below
    http://www.dreadcentral.com/reviews/texas-chainsaw-3d-blu-ray-dvd

Audio commentary with director John Luessenhop and Leatherface Dan Yeager.
    • Special "Chainsaw Alumni" audio commentary with stars Bill Moseley, Gunnar Hansen, Marilyn Burns and John Dugan
    • "Texas Chainsaw Legacy" featurette - A look back at the history and 40-year legacy of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre series with filmmaker Tobe Hooper
    • "Resurrecting the Saw" featurette - A look at the development of Texas Chainsaw with director John Luessenhop, producer Carl Mazzocone and writers Adam Marcus, Debra Sullivan, Kirsten Elms and Stephen Susco
    • "The Old Homestead" featurette - A detailed look at the re-creation of the shooting location from the original Texas Chain Saw Massacre with production designer William A. Elliott and cast members (and Chainsaw series alumni) Bill Moseley, Gunnar Hansen, Marilyn Burns and John Dugan
    • "Casting Terror" featurette - Interviews with the cast including Alexandra Daddario, Trey Songz, Tania Reynolds, Keram Malicki-Sanchez, Scott Eastwood, Sean Sipos and others
    • "Leatherface 2013" featurette - An interview with Leatherface actor Dan Yeager on his interpretation of this legendary role, along with a look at the creation of Leatherface's costume, mask and signature chainsaw
    • "Lights, Camera, Mayhem" featurette - A look at the film's 3D photography with director of photography Anastas Michos along with a look at the creation of several sequences from the film
    • "It's in the Meat" featurette - An detailed look at the film's grisly special make-up effects with make-up effects supervisor Robert Kurtzman, and make-up artists Alex Diaz and Mike McCarty
    • Alternate opening
    • On-Set Short Subjects: Five-Minute Massacres
    - Burning Down the House
    - Trapped in the Van
    - Carnival Time
    - Leatherface in Action
    - Hot Times in Louisiana
    - Bloody Good Times

3. fceurich39

4. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Texas-Chainsaw-3D-Blu-ray/66809/#Review

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  5. fceurich39

6. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

7. fceurich39

whoops:p

8. booper71

booper71 Lord of the Thighs.

Couldn't they find a 40 year old actress to play the grown up child? I saw 2012 on a grave so. I guess they want us to pretend the first movie was in 1984 instead of 1974.

9. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

That's one of the things that fucked it up for me. You can't just change the date of the first film to make it work with the story you want to tell, it's the other way around.

10. Stige

Stige Active Member

Thought there were supposed to be deleted/ alternate scenes on this?

11. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Active Member

There's an alternate opening. But going by the only short review I can find regarding the opening, the order of footage seems to of changed, and not much else. I hoped for the fate of the truck driver, who knows if its there or not?...

12. It's me Billy

It's me Billy New Member

That's what they should have done. Unfortunately, the mentality of the studios is that women are only HOT from the age of 18 to 24 or so. There are *a lot* of women in their 30s and 40s who are MEGA HOT. Hell, there are women around the age of 50 who've still got it. Gina Gershon, for example. They went with a younger actress because that's what's more marketable to their key demographics.

13. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Active Member

I think Daddario did a really good job. But I would almost always prefer an older actress/actor. Especially when it was pretty integral to the plot! I enjoyed it nonetheless.

14. PimpOne

PimpOne New Member

It's more than just the scenes in a different order. We see the fate of the hitchhiker and the truck driver with the cook telling Leatherface what to do. I wish they would have left the longer scene in.

15. fceurich39

the holographic slipcover for the 3d Blu-ray that comes out tomorrow is bad ass also seen this for comparison with the unrated version via digital download

1) There is an extra shot of Kenny getting completely sawed in half. The rated version shows 2 angles of his face back to back. The extended shot in the unrated is between these two angles.

2) Officer Marvin's death is extended. In the rated version, Leatherface quickly hacks him in the shoulder. In the unrated, he is hacked and then pushed down the hall a bit. There is also an extra hack of him getting it in the back once he's on the floor.

3) When Officer Marvin's face is getting peeled off from the chin up, the rated version stops as his nose comes off. The unrated version shows the complete face lift past his forehead!

4) Lastly, when Hartman is about to go into the grinder, the unrated version shows Leatherface slicing both of his hands off as he slides down, while the rated version just shows one hand amputation and cuts some of Hartman's slide down. There is also another second or two of Hartman getting ground up.

So, it's only about 7-8 seconds of unrated gore

16. vidjunkie

vidjunkie Team Blu

So is this the only way to see the Unrated cut? digital download?

17. fceurich39

so far yes for if u have xbox live

18. Gore Lunatic

Gore Lunatic Violenza Carnale

My local Best Buy put this out a whole week early (last Tues.) and I picked it up for $25. I watched it that night and all those unrated scenes you listed seem to be intact on the BD disc. The run time on the back of the cover shows 92 mins. The slipcover is really nice too.

19. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Haven´t watched the torrented copy yet, but all of that was in the theatrical version here in Sweden. So I guess we got the unrated version after all, and hopefully that carries over to the Swedish BD :)

Last edited: May 14, 2013
  20. napalm baby

napalm baby Member

I would like to know if the UK is going to get the UNRATED versions print despite it labelled 18 :confused: