Texas Chainsaw 3D Blu-ray/dvd on may 14th and it is packed

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by fceurich39, Feb 27, 2013.

1. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I'm hoping the UK is UNCUT, the uncut i watched clocked in at just over 92 mins, can't remember how many seconds more, the UK blu is noted at 92 mins 2 seconds with the dvd cut clocking in at something like 88 mins, i checked out the uncut and cut and never noticed any differences between officer marvin, hacking or face removal, my system would not play them back to back, maybe that was why.

2. Stige

Stige Active Member

hope the Scandinavian blu is uncut, I felt so guilty for downloading the torrent that I bought the blu......

3. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

so it is unrated despite r-rating then????

4. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

This is all getting interesting, can anyone else who has seen the blu confirm the above?

5. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

well just checked the 2 editions I have:

cut edition: 1:31:43
    uncut edition: 1:32:01 and
    UK Blu as noted on the BBFC website: 1:32:02

so there is a real possibility the UK blu will be uncut, will be looking into this when it comes out in about 2 weeks.

6. Gore Lunatic

Gore Lunatic Violenza Carnale

The Bluray is the first time I've ever seen this film (didn't catch it when it was showing in theaters) so I can't compare it to the rated version. But from what was listed a few posts above, those unrated scenes seem intact on this release. The box has an R rating on it too.

7. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

US BD is under 92 minutes.

8. SpaceAce

SpaceAce Member

Have not watched it yet but I can't believe that they would not have UNRATED plastered all over it if it really was the unrated version.
    The slipcover is really cool, looking forward to watching it this week.

9. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

It wouldn't be the first time Lionsgate did this. The Saw Blu-Ray was advertised as the R-rated cut, but it's actually the unrated cut.

10. FulciLuvver

FulciLuvver Member

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=647046

This details the differences between the "unrated" download-only version and the "theatrical" cut on the BluRay and DVD. I even did a side by side comparison on my own, and quite frankly I missed a few of things they caught, namely because the differences amount to a literal few "frames" in some cases.

Honestly if I hadn't been told ahead of time that there were differences between these two versions, I doubt seriously I would have ever noticed.

This is one of those occasions where much ado about pretty much nothing has been made. Why Lionsgate didn't do the unrated cut for all versions remains a mystery, but anyone using this "controversy" as an excuse to avoid buying the Blu-Ray for all of its rather impressive content, picture, and sound is really missing out.

Again, the difference amounts to a few extra seconds (or frames) of gore in sequences that were already bloody as hell to begin with. The only sequence that one could maybe...maybe see some noticeable differences is in the meat grinder sequence at the climax of the film. And quite frankly the gore present in this sequence is so silly and badly enhanced with dicey CGI, I would have welcomed a reduction in the amount of screentime for this final death, rather than adding a few more seconds to it.

One thing that I think needs to be commented on, is that there were a lot of "fuck lionsgate" and "screw them, I aint buying this on Blu" that came out once this news hit. I can understand the frustration, but seeing so many folks (and I'm not speaking specifically of this forum) loudly and proudly proclaiming "I'm just gonna download a torrent of this" made me quite disappointed in some members of our community. You can be disappointed in a distributor's decision and register your complaint and dissatisfaction all you want, but its not cool to justify theft just because you don't agree with a marketing decision. It's hard enough to get the companies out there to listen to the fans as it is, and the public threats of bootlegging a companies' product doesn't make anything any better.

In the end, I wish Lionsgate had just released TC3D unrated on the Blu, but in the end, in this case, it really doesn't make a lick of difference.

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  11. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

It's very common for films to come out in the UK and AUS without UNRATED plastered all over it. The reason being that (as far as I know) our countries require films to be rated before they are legally allowed to be sold. Films that do state UNRATED on the cover here still get a rating slapped on as well.

12. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Just wanting to throw this out there. If you had trouble viewing Dredd 3D blu-ray, i.e. a disc that had both the 3d and 2d version, then the same will happen with TC3d. My wife tried to view TC 3D last night on one of our blu players and it had the same problem that Dredd did. However, it does work fine on our PS3. Not sure what's up with these discs that feature both versions by Lionsgate, but they seemed to be flawed for various players.

13. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

2 points i have to make,

1st, this whole process just shows what a fucking waste of time the MPAA are, does cutting these scenes really make a difference in the age of the viewer i think not, it just seems like a company flexing there might, i have to say that most of the differences are minimal but the ending though poor CGI works so much better for me on the uncut, it's tonally nastier and more satisfying.

2nd, I understand what fulciluvver is saying about the torrenting, and each person has a choice, but we DON'T, the uncut is available on itunes in the US ONLY, it's not available anywhere else (and there are no plans at the moment), how many people on this site have or had pirate copies in the past where a legitimate uncut alternative was not available, this situation is excatly the same as far as i'm concerned.

If they release it uncut in the UK which i'm hoping they do, on disc then i will buy it, if they don't then i won't, i'm not having a disc take up my limited space if i'm never going to watch it, and i'm never going to watch the cut version. So i will just have to do without.

14. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I did the right (legal) thing and Redbox'd this last night. It isn't due to the fact it's cut that I won't be adding it to my collection, it's due to the fact that the film fucking sucks! 5 seconds of gore couldn't save this piece of shit, I doubt 5 more minutes of Mosley could've.

FWIW, I only liked the opening (great cameos and Mosley was brilliantly re-cast, too bad it ended so quick) and most of the gore/cleavage. The rest was just painful, esp. the now famous "do your thing cuz" line. Good God this makes other shitty remakes like Nightmare on Elm Street seem like fucking classics.

Let's try and make some sense of it. I understand family comes first to most. But say you found out you were adopted and your birth family had left you something/come back into your life. Then you find out your birth family were cannibal pyschos. Do you just throw out all you were raised with and jump into the flesh stew with them? Family is important, but not always good or right. Then they try and make Leatherface and the whole clan sympathetic = pathetic!

Watch it yourself, I'm always for everyone making their own choices and decisions. I've made mine and can't stand this movie, and I really tried to like it. Not Prom Night or Fog levels of shit, but close. This can sit right outside my collection with Next Generation.

15. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

ANy chance the Canadian version is uncut? Any fellow Canucks pick this one up yet?

16. fceurich39

seriously this was miles better than nightmare and f13th remakes i'd go further by saying this is better than both platinum dunes films heck this ranks third in the chainsaw films for me I have every chainsaw dating back to vhs and I like this better than hooper's sequel to each there own!!!!!

17. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Active Member

I loved the PD versions in the cinema. They don't hold up to multiple viewings though. Dreary soulless remakes. I love the original 4 movies, and this one sits lovingly in that pile.

18. fceurich39

the 2 chainsaw platinum dunes films for does hold up still for me with repeat viewings but every other film done by platinum dunes doesn't anymore especially the awful nightmare remake!

19. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Active Member

I respect your opinion buddy. But the Nightmare remake would have done a whole lot better without the producers interference in changing and reshooting everything!

20. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

I have to agree it's one of my favorite sequels, and much better than most recent remakes for me.
    It's not a technically sound film, but it is entertaining and enjoyable in spite of its flaws, many of them major and near impossible to gloss over.
    After Hooper's original, I would say this is tied with the original sequel for me in terms of how much I was entertained.
    I thought Leatherface:TCM III was bland, and The Next Generation defied description and was a chore to watch. The remake and its prequel were just too damn dark and depressing for my tastes.
    I'm not opposed to a little schlock obviously.