Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D might be coming from Twisted Pictures

Discussion in 'General' started by fceurich39, Oct 9, 2009.

1. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

yep just like TCM the beginning got a 12 minute longer unrated release on dvd

2. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

Just came back from seeing this.
    So the 3D is pretty pointless and they did not make very good use of it. The acting is quite terrible, there are plot holes and gaps in logic that you could drive a truck through.
    However, I really enjoyed this one in a 'check your brain at the door' sort of way, very much in the same way I appreciated Piranha 3D and Wrong Turn 4:Bloody Beginnings.
    All the trappings of the horror films I grew up with in the eighties are here, including a ludicrous conclusion that many eighties slashers possessed as well.
    I would rank the franchise:

1) TCM (1974)
    2) TCM II
    3) TCM 3D
    4) TCM Remake
    5) Leatherface TCM III
    6) TCM: The Beginning
    7) TCM: The Next Generation

Now I'm not saying that this new film is better than the remake, in terms of being a pure, contemporary horror film it certainly is not. However, I did enjoy it more than the remake. I found myself laughing more than anything else, and it was a good time. Well worth the nine bucks.

3. mclay18

mclay18 New Member

The MPAA is actually quite inconsistent. They give NC-17s to some movies that don't really deserve it -- The Dreamers is packed with full-frontal nudity and sex, but it's a hard R at best. And it mystifies me that Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 got an R when it should've been NC-17.

I think the real test of the R-rating will be that Evil Dead remake... I pray that it gets little to no cuts in order to achieve that.

4. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I've wondered if the Evil Dead remake would just get released as NC-17. Apparently they went to arms lengths not to use CGI for their effects, maybe they won't cut anything... Would an NC-17 really affect the films sales if it were released as such or do those types of films not get as widely picked up by theaters?

5. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

If a film is released NC-17, 95% of this country would not see it in theaters. It's quite a sad state of affairs, but that's how these chains operate. Typically only independent theaters will show NC-17 films and they are slowly dying out (especially thanks to the digital projector move).

6. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

From seeing that red band trailer, i can't imagine evil dead remake will come through the censor unscathed in the US, the most annoying thing for me, is i live in the UK, and we get the same version in our cinemas as your censored release, they never show it to our censor in it's pre-cut form, so texas chainsaw 3D was cut in the US we get the cut version on cinema, even though the UK would pass the film uncut for cinema, we normally have to wait for these to come on DVD to see them in the full glory, i will not go to the cinema to watch a cut film i just will not when i know the uncut version is round the corner, but we get sidelined here and i would imagine in other countries by quite a crappy process.

7. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I saw it Friday afternoon. I thought the movie was pretty good, but the 3D was not very good. Only 3 or 4 scenes had good 3D, otherwise, not worth the extra $4.00 price after $6.00. I went at 1:40 PM Friday, CT, and there was only 5 or 6 other people in the audience to see it, and the cost was $11.50. When it comes out on Blu-Ray, I think I will stick with the 2D version.

8. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I'm hoping nothing gets cut out of Evil Dead remake. It actually looks like one of the best remakes of any horror movie EVER. Thank you, Sam, Bruce, and Rob. My first thought when they announced the remake last year, was it wasn't going to be very good. The opposite is true, for me.

9. It's me Billy

It's me Billy New Member

It is sad...and pathetic. We should be able to see NC-17 rated films in mainstream commercial theaters. When William Friedkin's "Killer Joe" was released in theaters last July, I couldn't see it because no theaters anywhere near me played it. Only three! cities in Texas got it: Austin, San Antonio, and Plano of all places. I had to wait for the Blu-ray/DVD release last month to see it. Why is America so pussified when it comes to cinema? How many theaters played Showgirls in 1995?

10. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

You would think with all the megaplexes around these days they would carve out a screen or two for these kinds of films but with more and more event movies being released even the megaplexes are booked solid. Not to mention there's a new cartoon out almost every week, a genre which makes tons of money for the studios as well as the theater chains, so those take up even more space.

11. mclay18

mclay18 New Member

If Evil Dead gains that coveted R-rating with little to no cuts, it will be a miracle. I think the producers and director were careful when beginning shooting that they would have a hard time with the MPAA on the gore, so they'll probably toe that line. Besides, a lot of the NC-17 movies get the rating due to sexual content more than violence.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  12. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Quite a few. It played at the multiplex where I lived at the time. I went to see it opening night due to all the controversy and left half way through the film.

13. rhett

rhett Administrator

Not sure if you left because you did not enjoy it, or if you lived on 42nd St... :eek2:

14. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

There you go. That's pretty unfortunate. It's not like those films are unrated. NC-17 is like an R rating here in Aus, but that's restricted to 18+.

15. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Lol no, I just couldn't watch anymore. I was a big fan of "Basic Instinct" (especially Jerry Goldsmith's score), and I expected a little more than "Showgirls" ended up offering.

16. marcx

marcx New Member

Saw this last night--silly stuff but a good ol' fun time--no where near worthy of the original tough

17. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Family and I watched this tonight. We all enjoyed it. The film did feel different from the other movies in the series, but that's a good thing IMO (no point in rehashing the previous entries). The movie did end up being a bit different than I was expecting. Will definitely pick it up the blu-ray when it comes out.

18. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

I thought it was a great time at the movies. I geeked out during the opening sequence, Daddario was hot as all hell, Dan Yeater was a great Leatherface and there's some solid nasty kills here. It has its flaws (already discussed so I'm not bringing them up) but I appreciated this one tried to do something different.

Definitely getting the DVD.

19. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

That was exactly how I went away from it as well... Random thoughts:

- Alexandra Daddario looked far too well-preserved for someone who by all rights should be pushing forty.

- Trey Songz is a fine looking dude, but his character couldn't die fast enough for me. He came with the most annoying theme music, and it took me right out of the movie.

- Leatherface is suddenly beautiful? We catch a glimpse of his face and nose, and he doesn't look as inbred and bucktoothed as one ight have expected.

- I can't accept that the extended Sawyer clan had been in the house through all that passed in the 1974 movie. I will buy, though, that they popped by for tea at the worst possible moment, right after the events of the original.

- "Ladies' makeup? What a fruitcake!" As opposed the men's makeup, which the redneck cop would have found more acceptable.

All in all, I was mostly entertained, sometimes annoyed, but in the end, it's not worthy of the original.

20. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

Tania Raymonde is hot as hell too, however a little too tarted up in this film. I've been checking out her pics on IMDB, quite the natural beauty.