Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D might be coming from Twisted Pictures

Discussion in 'General' started by fceurich39, Oct 9, 2009.

1. cjg

cjg Active Member

Girls are hot. Movie sucks. Best part is at the end of the credits.

2. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

Thought it was the best since Part 2. It is absurd, but I think that's part of the charm of the series. Definitely hot girls and a big improvement on the cinematography. 3-D has forced them to brighten things up a bit and to hold the camera steadier. Looked great.

3. It's me Billy

It's me Billy New Member

Oh yeah. I really enjoyed the 2003 remake and the 2006 prequel, but those aren't a part of the original timeline so with that I'll say Texas Chainsaw 3D is the best Chainsaw film since Part 2 in 1986. Parts 3 and 4 were/are giant turds in the series.

4. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

honestly this film really does feel like the true sequel! the 1986 film was too funny and leatherface/Drayton sawyer were too different i actually like Texas Chainsaw 3D more than the 1986 sequel!

5. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

Different strokes... I've always really enjoyed Leatherface. None of the original sequels match the tone of the original, but this one is the only straight horror movie among them - great chase scenes, an imposing Leatherface, a superb score, and one of the best jump scares of my horror movie fan life. I've watched TCM2 several times, each time with a desperate wish to like it, but I never have - I find it unfunny and lacking in the scare department.

The Next Generation
    is a total mess.

6. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

Yeah I've always liked TCM III as well. It's a fun, fast paced horror film with a great Leatherface, a solid cast and a great finale.

But I've always liked Jeff Burr's horror flicks. Big fan of his anthology film "From a Whisper to a Scream"

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  7. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

If you like jump scares, part 2 has the best one of the series.

8. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

I think perhaps the overall tone of the movie puts me in an unreceptive state of mind. The only really good jump scare that made an impression on me is the big one in the attack on the radio station, and the movie releases the tension quickly after that by dipping into comedy with the antics of Choptop and the sexual chainsaw innuendo. Again, I would like to like this one, but I find it easier liking Leatherface.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  9. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

I am shocked to say that I enjoyed this, yeah it had all the flaws that other have talked about but overall it worked for me. It did feel like a direct sequel which was cool. Don't know where I would rank it, because I pretty much like all the movies except for The Next Generation.

10. dickieduvet

dickieduvet Member

What an uninspired pile of shite this was, Mind blowingly terrible.

Please.....No more!!!

11. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Probably one of the best in any horror movie. It's not a cheap one either. Visually flawless & staged beautifully.

12. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

I saw this last week, forgot to post anything about it. I enjoyed it. Sure it's a pretty bad movie, but I love bad slashers (Killer Workout, Fatal Pulse and Fatal Games being some of my favorites.) so as long as I enjoy it I don't really care about the flaws. If I start a movie and see it's probably going to be stupid I try and adjust to it and just have fun with it. I watch plenty of "good" movies also, but I don't see something being "bad" as a bad thing.

There's a lot of flaws obviously, but I watch so much awful 70's and 80's horror (if Bleeding Skull likes it, I usually like it.) that stuff like a girl born in 1974 being a hot 23 year old girl now doesn't even register as a problem for me. I liked it and I'm interested to see what happens in the next one.

Some random thoughts:

Where the hell were all those other people at in the house in the first movie? I believe it was the next day when this movie starts, were those other people camping the day before?

Why the hell is Choptop Drayton now?

Why would you cheat on your girlfriend with someone less attractive? The skanky girl from Malcolm in the Middle is attractive, but Alexandra Daddario is retardedly hot. Better face and body, and, you know, not skanky.

Anyone else think the mayor looked like a fatter, older Jeremy Renner?

As hilarious as the completely out of nowhere "Do your thing, cuz!" line was, I thought Heather losing it, screaming, firing up the chainsaw and killing the mayor herself would've been better. Wouldn't have made much sense I guess, but then the mayor was the one who got her real mom killed by starting the fire.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  13. MisterTwister

I assumed they lived the area and he somehow contacted them to get their asses over to the house in case of trouble.

Well Jim Siedow is dead so he obviously couldn't come back. Moseley worked with his closely on TCM 2 so he's the perfect replacement for the late actor.

And yeah that retarded. Daddario is amazingly hot.

14. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

Oh I know, I was kidding with the first two things I said there, I figured the other people in the house were called there when Sally escaped, and I grew up watching Moseley as Choptop (TCM2 was one of the first movies I owned) so it was just amusing to me seeing him as Drayton.

15. MisterTwister

:p My bad.

This movie is full of holes but sure as shit was fun. Can't wait for the (hopefully unrated) DVD release.

16. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Something tells me that's not the question most people that saw the movie would ask?

There's another one. :D

17. fallon6190

fallon6190 Member

Just got to see this Friday and have to say it was a fun movie. I enjoyed it alot. It wasn't great and wont go down as a horror classic or anything. Don't know if this has been mentioned yet but, did anyone else stay until after the credits?

18. JIMX1975

JIMX1975 Member

Went to it last night. I liked it a lot. Didn't stay after the credits, what happened?

19. cjg

cjg Active Member

yeah the end of the credits was the only interesting part of the movie to me.

20. Mr. Eddy

Mr. Eddy Member

What happened after the credits?