The 70s vs the 80s

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by MrVess, Feb 16, 2009.

?

Which decade triumphs above the others?

1. The 70s!

33 vote(s)
    61.1%
  2. The 80s!

21 vote(s)
    38.9%
  1. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah definitely. The Lost Boys is one of the greatest '80s films I think, Jesus that movie's amazing. I also think that Hellraiser was the last great horror film to come out of the '80s. Shit, probably the last great horror film ever made IMO up until The Descent. There were no doubt some great films that came out in 1987, but the year produced too much garbage for me to count it in my "era". 1985 (and possibly 1986) was the last year I thoroughly enjoyed most of what the genre had to offer. I dunno, maybe it was still all the same crap that came out by 87/88 and I just grew tired of it but I dunno, for me it pretty much ends with 1985.

~Matt

2. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

You guys are right. I guess I should look at it more like the previous decade bleeds into the next for a little while.

When I say some of these films feel less like a 70's experience, I guess it is because the high school dance scene in Carrie and Prom Night really make it an in your face 70's experience for me. In a film like Halloween, it feels less so because the lack of music alone. Their clothing never screamed 70's either because I recall enough people in the eighties who still looked like that as well. But that goes back to the point you guys make about the bleed over.

You guys are good!

And come to think of it, most of the 80's greatness did really end by 85-ish already as said. By then, I was only ten, so it probably did take me till the end of the 80's to catch up despite my early start. At that, it attests to the fact (for me) that so much came out in such a short but abundant blast of awesomeness.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  3. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Actually come ot think of it outside of what they are wearing Halloween kind of feels like an 80's movie:)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  4. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

:D Definitely. :rolleyes:

~Matt