The Annual October Horror Movie Watching Thread!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by maskull, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

I'm stoked about the Universal Classic Monsters set I just bought-Mummy, Invisible Man, Phantom, Wolf Man and can't wait to watch. However, my work schedule is so fucked this year that's probably all I'll get to do if that.

2. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I made my watch list out in August. Is that sick or what?

I've got all the Blu-ray Universal Classics lined up but I haven't decided to pull the trigger on the Blu-ray boxset or not. I may wait for the prices to go down and stick with my SD set for one more year.

3. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

I had my list made in August as well. I've also acquired all the titles. Can't wait!

4. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Third :lol:

I've listed the usual suspects and have been adding all new bought Horror movies on Blu-ray since August.

5. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

I'm with you on Mulberry Street. Easily the best After Dark Horrorfest title. By far. One of the best modern "zombie" movies to boot. I'm curious though, why didn't you like The Host?

Just so you know where I'm coming from, here's my review: http://www.digitalmonsterisland.com/host_ce.html

6. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Before adding on to this one, would most of you prefer a specific "2012 October Horror Movie Watching Thread"?

7. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

I always forget how this works. Doesn't maskull start up a thread every year and that's where we list our October lists? And then we comment on them in here? Kinda like the Movie Tracker/Comment on the Movie Tracker threads?

8. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Considering my girlfriend and I just had our first child less then three months ago, I don't think I'll be able to coming close to my 70+ movies from last year. That being said, I'll still give it a shot! If I can do 31 I'll be a happy camper.

Depending on my money situation, I hope to pick up the Universal Classic Monster Collection and watch those. Still haven't seen about half of them!:eek: Also, a few others I hope to grab include Halloween 3 (One of my favourite horror movies of all time), Terror Train, and The Innkeepers.

I also have a large stack of unwatched films to go through, as well as the usual classics I try to get through. Last year a lot of favourites got ignored due to overwhelming unwatched pile, so hopefully I can balance it out a little more this year.

Have to start going through my movies and getting some stacks ready, movies to watch alone, movies that my girlfriend can handle, and movies to watch with a group of friends and beer.

Either way, can't wait to watch a crap load of horror films as well as read what every else hear is watching. Love reading everyone's thoughts and creating a list on films I need to check out!

This site is usually a blast in October, can't wait to see what the Mods have planned!

9. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!