The Belko Experiment (2017)

Discussion in 'General' started by Harry Warden, Dec 1, 2016.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I loved it. It is pretty mean-spirited at times, but it is also exactly the movie that the trailer promises.

Terrific cast of familiar faces too, which is necessary when you have a cast this large and not a lot of time to set them up. The biggest surprise in the cast is Rusty Schwimmer from Jason Goes To Hell. LOVE her!

Also a fun little cameo at the very end that I won't spoil.

I do wish they had gotten a little creative with who the last person standing is. It ends up being exactly who the movie sets it up to be, but I would have loved for it to be someone out of left field, especially with such a huge cast to pick from.

2. Natas

Natas ....on the warm side of the dooooooor

Caught a midnight showing of this last night. Only about 4-5 other people in the theater, it was awesome. I enjoyed this quite a bit. I thought it was really entertaining.......started right up, never dragged.......really violent without crossing into "over the top" territory. Most of the kills were the same but the few that were different were really cool. I didn't stay for the credits, did I miss anything?

3. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Enjoyed the film also but really disliked the ending. Interesting social commentary on how people would act in that type of situation. It truly is every man for himself when it comes right down to it.

4. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Just watched the film last night. Really liked it. Lot's of familiar faces & simple premise, but it works. Mostly practical gore FX which was a nice touch.

I classify this as one of those out of nowhere thriller/horror movies that tend to come out each year that become the "you have to see this film" that makes the rounds. Kinda like Green Room, but I enjoyed this film much better. If I had to say what film this reminds me of, it's sort of a Battle Royal / Mean Guns mash up.

Not really related exactly. But whenever I watch ANY thriller/action/horror movie that's centered around an office building. I instantly think about what could have been from little book I read 20 years ago. (this was when NOBODY read this book) Vertical Run by Joseph R. Garber(an Army Veteran who died in 2005) At some point in my life, I want someone to make a movie about this novel.(I know Warner Bros bought the rights from the author before he died) So much time has passed that it "could" have been a great film for certain action stars that are too old now to play the part. Last chance for Tom Cruise if he's listening, he loves doing stunts, this project would be right up his ally. The character in the book is 47.

Basic plot of the book, David a businessman and Vietnam vet who works on the 45th floor of an office building, one day at work he finds his boss and others are trying to kill him.....

5. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

:)

Workshed likes this.
  6. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I'm planning on buying the blu-ray when it is released on Tuesday. Really enjoyed this one in theaters. Glad I had the opportunity to see it on the big screen, since it's the kind of movie that could have easily been dumped straight-to-VOD or disc.

Also thinking about blind-buying the Power Rangers movie on Tuesday. Lots of great stuff being released on Tuesday.

baggio and Natas like this.
  7. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Will be getting it this Tuesday DVD is 14.96 and bluray is 19.96 at Walmart stores though the stores around here are only getting 6 copies per store of each according to brickseek.

8. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Unless you have not seen it yet, I'm sure prices will come down after it's been out a while.

9. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

The blu-ray is down to $7.96 on Amazon.