The Beyond (Lucio Fulci) (DVD/Blu-Ray)

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by springjack, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

Arrow First Press
    [​IMG]

Arrow Corrected Version
    [​IMG]

Arrow First Press
    [​IMG]

Arrow Corrected Version
    [​IMG]

Arrow First Press
    [​IMG]

Arrow Corrected Version
    [​IMG]

2. Funktion

Funktion Member

I wish I could say the same thing.

How wonderful: they shipped the disc in a paper sleeve. :mad:
    As I'm not located in the UK, the results weren't pretty.
    Lets see if the disc even plays...

3. SaxCatz

SaxCatz New Member

The repress seems stellar. Definitely less compression artifacts, great to see the sepia tones intro, and they even seem to have fixed the weak color saturation! I only hope that mine arrives soon... :-/

4. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

I'm in PA and received my replacement blu-ray today. It was packaged inside a paper sleeve inside a thin white bubble pack mailer which isn't the sturdiest packaging in the world but the disc itself looks flawless and scratch free. Can't wait to check it out when I get home.

5. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Just wipe it off with a cloth or something. Seriously man, it's pretty hard to scratch a blu-ray disc unless you take something sharp and literally gouge at it. They're far more resilient than DVDs. I honestly can't imagine it being as scratched as you say it is.

~Matt

6. Eddyw78

Eddyw78 Member

Recieved mine today too. Can't wait to see this!!

7. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

Just send them an e-mail explainig the situation.
    Arrow is always listening to their fans.

8. Funktion

Funktion Member

Yes, it's not scratched as I said.
    Wait, did I even say it was scratched? No, I didn't. I would be pissed with a scratched disc, since I like to have my discs in good shape, but the disc I received is actually CRACKED. :mad:

And really, I don't know what you are implying with your reply, but I have far better things than to go to an internet forum and complain about non-existing problems.

But if I receive a disc with a crack, one sent as a replacement for a set I was told when I purchased it that may have a few copies uncorrected on sale (which was a lie, since no corrected copies were available; had I known this, I would certainly wait to purchase this release), you can bet I am pissed.

I purchased another defective set a few months ago (the UK set of Death Note), and the replacement disc I received was housed in a proper case, and arrived in flawless condition.

But just like the way they handled the problematic first pressing (instead of doing a recall, they shipped the product anyway, hoping people unfamiliar with the film won't request a replacement), the label decided to be cheap and my disc arrived in this sad state as a result.

9. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Got mine today and it's the first pressed disc. Sent my email to Arrow so we'll see how it goes.

10. SaxCatz

SaxCatz New Member

That's the second report of that so far...
    Troubling.
    Being in AZ, I expect that mine will take another 1-2 days since you east coast folks are receiving yours today. Hope that mine is: A) the new pressing; & B) not severely damaged.
    :nervous:

11. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Wait. No, I meant that I got the one I ordered from Amazon.co.uk today. I just sent Arrow all the info they required so hopefully I'll see the correct disc in a few weeks.

With all that being said, I must say, even this goofed up disc looked pretty damn good and I'm excited to see an already great release look even better.

12. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

No you didn't mention it was scratched, but you also didn't mention it was CRACKED either. In fact, YOU were rather ambiguous to the overall condition. I also didn't imply anything beyond the fact that if it WAS scratched, the scratches can easily be wiped off (meaning it looks much worse than it actually is) so calm the fuck down.

And no they didn't just HOPE that nobody would notice, they were completely aware of the issues with the discs WHICH IS WHY THEY OFFERED A REPLACEMENT PROGRAM BUDDY. There have been reports all over the internet from people who had seen the opening in black and white on previous VHS versions so nobody is actually 100% sure if the opening should be sepia or B&W. It is said that Fulci shot it in color, so he really had no particular preference either, but IN ORDER TO PLEASE FANS, Arrow are OFFERING, FREE OF FUCKING CHARGE, a replacement disc with the 'sepia' opening. They might have also figured some people wanted the black and white opening, so they offered to simply send another disc out. Oh and here's a fun little fact: Misprints become collector's items.

And you know what, I think you're being a bit of an ungrateful dick actually, seeing as how you didn't have to pay a fucking cent for them to replace the disc for you. Just email them and explain the situation. How were they supposed to know that the USPS would put their mail through a woodchipper like they very often seem to be doing these days. Shit, I received something from amazon the other day (a Criterion boxset, actually) that was packaged in cardboard and had protective bubble packaging on the inside and the boxset was dented as shit.

A lot of the time, honestly, it is the USPS's absolute carelessness that results in items getting as badly damaged as they do.

SORRY for assuming the disc was scratched. Jesus.

~Matt

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  13. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Zombie Dude liked Matt's comment.

:evil:

Oh and the US isn't the only place with a craptastic postal system. The post people in Australia are just as retarded. They always cram packages into my mailbox when it's a really tight fit. I wish they'd just leave them at my door like Amazon does.

14. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

I dunno, man. I ordered a Kindle for my wife's b-day off amazon and they left it sitting on my porch. $150 worth of merchandise sitting there all day long till I got home from work. Can't say I was too happy about that. Not that I live in a shady part of town or anything, but shit does happen.

15. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I guess it depends were you live and where your front door is. You can't see my front door properly when standing in the driveway so for me it isn't a big deal. Either way I don't think items should be crammed into mail boxes. It's just poor service.

16. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

And so did Mr Steel :D

17. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

I loved it... :D

18. Severn

Severn Member

My replacement disc arrived today and it plays just fine. Now I feel complete!

19. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

How long did it take you guys to get a response from Arrow after sending your e-mail? I sent mine Wednesday and haven't gotten anything yet.

20. BlackAndBlu81

BlackAndBlu81 New Member

I had to email them twice before I got a reply. I also waited two weeks to do that. My advice is re-email them. I have gtten my replacement already. That didnt take long at all.