The Blair Witch Project 10 year Anniversary!

Discussion in 'General' started by Ash28M, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Luki

Luki New Member

In case you're interested I'm uploading all the BW related media I have on it's own separate channel... BlairWitchArchives. This includes all the stuff from the WoodsMovie website and more.

2. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I think it would be cool to gather all the docs together and create my own special edition dvd. What's the best way to download Youtube videos and convert them into .avi's for free?

3. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

They are featuring a Blair Witch Project reunion at a convention in December that I am going to, should be fun.

http://monstermashexpos.biz/

4. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Not sure how close to best it is, but "super" works great for converting almost any files and is free. Just google super and it'll be the top link, from erightsoft.

5. Doombear

Doombear Member

Is there a place where we can see the alternate ending(s) they promised for a Blair Witch SE which never happened? I'm beginning to doubt they exist.

6. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

So I watched Blair Witch for the second time in my life last night. I first rented it when it came out and absolutely hated it and have stuck with that opinion ever since. Then a few factors led to me rewatching it; my appreciation of Paranormal Activity and some recent found footage movies and the fact that John Kenneth Muir called it the best horror film of the 90s in his book Horror Films of the 1990s. Well after watching it again after 13 years I have to say that I was wrong. This is one scary as hell movie and one of the most impressive independent films ever made. This is the only time that I've ever gone from a 100% hater of a film to a 100% supporter. To all those that dismissed it after an initial viewing when you were sick of all the hype, give it another chance.

7. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

One of us, one of us, one of us :D

8. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

You deserve a lot of credit for looking at this with fresh eyes and no preconceived notions. I totally understand how off-putting the Blair Witch hype was for many people--especially hardcore genre fans. But I continue to believe this is easily the most effective found footage film ever. And the race isn't close.

In a lot of ways The Blair Witch Project is similar to the original Halloween. Neither invented the genres that exploded in their wakes. They both borrowed liberally from earlier films. But instead of rehashing old ideas and techniques they polished and improved them to create films that appealed to much broader audiences than their predecessors. And both of them did it with true creativity and inspiration--not huge budgets.

Like Mutilated Prey said, welcome to the other side of the fence.

9. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

To this day and after repeat viewings I still love this movie- love it or hate it the movie will go down as a horror classic of its time.

10. MarkWarner

MarkWarner New Member

Still the king of the found footage genre. Nuff said.