"The Bride With White Hair"/"The Bride With White Hair 2"

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by dvdasia62, Aug 14, 2002.

1. dvdasia62

dvdasia62 Guest

Up until last night, I had not seen either of these films though they have been much talked about. I still haven't seen "The Bride With White Hair" but last evening I was lucky to catch "The Bride With White Hair 2" on the Encore Action Channel and I have to tell you, I just fell madly in love with the film. It's such a marvellous fairy tale/fantasy filled with beautiful photgraphy, unique camera techniques, beautiful music, great characters and a touch of the supernatural. Well, now I just have to see the first movie!

To that end, I hopped over to my buddies at HKFlix and ordered both "The Bride With White Hair" and "The Bride With White Hair 2". Both DVD's and priority mail shipping for under $27. Not a bad deal. So, what are your thoughts on these two films? :)

2. Part 1's better.

3. Trout

Trout Guest

Yeah part 1 is better, but part 2 seemed to be a bit more action orientated.

4. LJMurder

LJMurder Guest

bride with white hair is awesome. probably one of brigette lin's best movies. everyone should see this.

5. pappy

pappy Guest

What can I say that hasn't been said. The first one remains a true classic worthy of all the hype it recieves if you likes the second you will love the first one

6. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

I think I'll have to get the first one on disc also. I'm huge on Asian cinema right now and I especially want to see BWWH since Ronny Yu is helming Freddy v. Jason. I want to see the man's style of filming to get an idea of what I have to look forward to.

7. dvdasia62

dvdasia62 Guest

Received both "TBWWH" and "TBWWH 2" today from HKFlix. Gonna try and give them both a spin over the weekend and see what's up! :)

8. LJMurder

LJMurder Guest

you are in for a treat. how could a movie with swordplay, evil siamese twins, magic and a bizarre cult be bad? It couldn't possibly be

9. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

He also directed Bride of Chucky, for whatever that's worth...

10. LJMurder

LJMurder Guest

it's funny that they got ronny yu to direct it. they had asked Ryuhei Kitamura of versus fame to direct initially but I think he was too busy.

11. dvdasia62

dvdasia62 Guest

Well, I just watched "The Bride With White Hair" this morning and I am totally mesmerized! The film is such an enthralling and beautiful fantasy that it completely takes you away and you get lost in it. Just a gorgeous film and one that anybody with the slightest interest in Asian cinema should check out. Now, I'm off to watch Part 2. :)

12. dvdasia62

dvdasia62 Guest

I just finished watching "BWWH", Part 2 and I have to say, I love it almost as much as the original, though I'll give Part 1 a slight nod. I think both film are magnificent fantasy films and when you watch them back to back, it really heightens the experience, at least for me.

13. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I watched part one last night and oh my god, it was so fucking beautiful, just a real treat for the eyes. I was completely spellbound and that doesn't happen often. I am so glad I listened to a recommendation and got this. I just wish I had gotten part 2, as I hate that I don't have it already. I want more NOW damn it. When Asian cinema is good, it is hard to beat.

14. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

Not to mention Warriors of Virtue :p

15. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Man they had this at a local CD/DVD Exchange place but I decided against picking it up. I'm gonna have to go back and keep my fingers crossed that it's still there.