The Burning, From Beyond, & ROTLD announced

Discussion in 'General' started by satans-sadists, May 25, 2007.

1. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

Here's something else to chew on,......THE COVER GLOWS IN THE DARK!!

2. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

So does my old one, only it looks cooler!:D

3. Noto

Noto Guest

Sure enough, the rest of my order shipped today.

4. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Thanks for letting me know, but I'll be picking up the disc anyway. I've never seen The Vault of Horror so I mostly want it for Tales From the Crypt. :D

5. Slow

Slow Guest

Slightly cut? I don't care. I look at it as a freebie anyway since I'm buying the set for Tales from the Crypt.

6. dwatts

dwatts New Member

It's a shame Vault of Horror isn't getting more kudos around here. It's far tooo good to simply be considered a "freebie". I have the uncut R2 (which the fools put out in 4:3!) and it plays better that way. Not that I can bring myself to celebrate a cut release.

7. Slow

Slow Guest

The freebie comment wasn't an aside to the quality of the film. It's just that I was so happy to see Tales on DVD then Vault was like a bonus.

8. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Yeah atleast a rent. I mean you might not get the same enjoyment out've the new extras as I did. And can anyone tell me why Clu Gulager comes off as a completely awesome guy to hang with. He's exactly the same as his character in Feast.

9. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I agree that skipping this release over Vault being cut is pretty rash. First off, you still get Tales From The Crypt which most people agree is the superior of the two. Second, What are you going to do? It's unfortunate, but It's unlikely that Vault will be rereleased again in this format. My guess is that the PG cut of Vault is the only print they had available and so they paired it up with Tales knowing that nobody would want to buy a cut movie by itself. Due to the name recognition I assumed that they would have divided up the films into separate releases so as to double their profits (because you KNOW we all would have bought them both regardless!) but now the rationale behind this Midnite Movies double feature is clear to me.

10. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

I looked in several stores around here. Everyone had the Return of the Living Dead SE, and two had from beyond. The rest I found in a Movie Store,but unfortunately The Burning was sold out. I am broke though so i didn't really have money anyways, but I would have still got The Burning as it sounds too good!

I guess I'll just have to put in an order online next week when I get some cash and pick them all up. Hopefully I'll get the order before Halloween, as I live in Canada, and sometimes places like Deep Discount take their sweet ass time getting here. Amazon is usually good, but they're more money, and from what it seems like in this forum, with these movies they aren't shipping out too quickly.

11. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

TRUTH! I have the original disc, no need to upgrade.

Had pre-ordered these from Amazon, but they never shipped on time, so I cancelled them. So according to FutureShop's website, all three of the Burning, From Beyond, and Scarecrows said they were in stock in the local store so I went there after work. But I only could find The Burning and From Beyond. My friend works there and he looked everywhere for Scarecrows but could not find it. It was still 'in stock' in the computer, but may still be somewhere in the warehouse in the back. So I guess I'll have to pick it up later...

Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  12. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

The old one glew in the dark???

13. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Yes, it did indeedy. It was BITCHIN'!

14. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

No, the old still glows in the dark!
    I'm not sure if only the first ones had the glow ink (highly possible with MGM, like how the first Terminator covers had the holo-foil) but I don't recall seeing any without it. Of course I haven't bothered looking either.

15. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

16. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Thanks for sharing this review. After reading it, I won't be double dipping on ROTLD. The new commentary sounds like a real waste. Major thumbs down for that reviewer bashing Elvira. :mad:

17. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

How long was it? 10 minutes? 15? That'll be the thing that most likely makes me douple-dip. If I can get it cheap enough.

What about the audio- is it exactly the same as on the first disc? Is it Stereo? Surround? 5.1?

18. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

I rented Scarecrows last night because I had never seen it before and had a blast watching it. I wonder if Tarantino saw this movie before writing Reservoir Dogs because there are a lot of similarities. The unseen heist, the double cross, the criminals basically in one location the entire movie. But of course there weren't any awesome killer scarecrows in Reservoir Dogs. The effects in this movie are brutal. Now that I've seen it I'll definitely be buying it in the future.

19. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    I listened to the ROTLD commentary last night and I thought it was a blast. It was the main reason I decided to double dip and I think it was worth it if you are a big fan of the film. The extras were cool as hell, too. The cast reflections was nice, and there was another doc that concentrated on 80's horror, and those are always welcome.

20. Stige

Stige Active Member

damn it's already on it's way