"The Burning" In 1.85:1 Animorphic

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by gunner, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

How's the Rick Wakeman score?
    It's because of him I'm slightly interested.And some scene with cut fingers in a boat IIRC.

2. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I believe all HD receivers are like that. My Directv HD receiver does the same thing as you describe.

3. FulciZombieFan

FulciZombieFan New Member

Well the really annoying thing is that there is no reason you can't down convert HDTV to 480i yet still keep it 16x9 WS anamorphic.

Yet the industry has choosen to make 480i output at 4:3 letterboxed.

The only work around that I can think of is to buy an external scaler as these do have the ability to down convert HDTV to 480i and keep it 16x9 WS anamorphic ... but such a device is $500 ... maybe $1,000 ... I haven't checked in a bit but either way that is too much!

- John "FulciLives" Coleman

4. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

Excellent. One of the all-time best synth slasher scores. Right up there with Halloween 2 and Hell Night.

5. Crystal Plumage

But not available on CD:(
    Only option left is watching the movie ;)

6. YottNik

YottNik Pay the price!

Did anyone end up recording this off Monsters HD?

7. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

I am so sick of waiting for this film to hit DVD. I'm tempted to buy one of the other region discs, but I'd really rather not. I do have the VHS to hold me over after all, but that doesn't make the fact that this isn't out on R1 disc any less ridiculous.

Anyway, Cropsy fucking rules. I totally sympathize with his plight.

8. killnstalk

killnstalk Guest

i agree with cujo108.this is taking way too long to get a dvd release.maybe it will be out in the next 50 years.

9. Franco

Franco Weekender

Yeah, anyone here recorded it or knows about a torrent with it? I miss this movie so much...

10. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I gotta agree with you there. Cropsy is one of the few killers who I believe has just cause for going on a "rampage". Shit, if some little assholes burned the skin off MY face, I'd want some pretty juicy revenge too.

~Matt

11. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

So, I'm confused about this...People keep saying that the old video releases of this movie were all cut etc., and I have been SUPER curious about what exactly has been cut. I had a few minutes this morning and did a little web searching, finding a site on "HysteriaLives" etc. They actually had a little RealMedia clip of the supposedly cut footage from the raft massacre scene.

It's been awhile since I've watched my videocassette of the movie, but it is the same copy I have had forever, and it was from that which I originally was introduced to the movie, and it has the massacre scene on it. All the elements are there, at least I am sure they are, because none of the stuff I saw online came as a surprise...

Does anyone else have an old THornEMI video that does NOT have the raft scene on it??

Can somebody maybe clarify?

12. Crystal Plumage

Ah,that's where I'd seen it.Looked cool enough to explore this film sometime :)

13. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I do have a copy of an old Thorn vhs and yes it is cut and does not show the whole raft scene.

14. welb25

welb25 New Member

This was just on and I was able to catch the last half of it. They have done a great job cleaning it up and it looks terrific.

15. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

Betterdan--so you have a copy and it shows some of the scene but not all then? Can you tell what has been cut from it? I totally remember the finger snipping, the slashing forehead, shears in the back, etc. Maybe not quite as graphic killing ont he "Eddie" character though? Seemed like that was noticeably longer? Will have to dig it out and watch it again I guess.

16. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I know it doesn't show the fingers being snipped off for sure. I never saw the fingers being snipped until I saw that video clip on Hysteria's site. I believe it did show the forehead slash and the back stab but it may not have been complete.
    I would have to dig it out and watch it again to tell you exactly what else was cut.

17. Demon

Demon Don't Fuck With Dolly!

Here's some screenshots (shrinked down a bit) from my copy:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. gunner

gunner Cropsy Maniac

I finially got this disc in yesterday. Absolutely the eye-popping best I've ever seen this film look! Much greater detail than MGM's previous vhs/cable remaster. The dvds quality is very good, but as I watched it I couldn't help but think how much better it would look in full 1080i. So I'd say this bootleg is good free advertisement.
    Here's the comparison shots, unfortunately I'm limited to dvd-only screenshots, so I had to use Dragon's ghastly import for comparison. Good contrast though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2006
  19. evileye

evileye Member

Where did the boot come from? EBAY?
    Has anyone tried using a DVD Recorder to record programming from HI DEF channels like Monsters HD? I debated picking one up for some of these 16x9 flicks (understanding it would not be quite as crisp looking) but a number of associates in various forms stated the signals didnt carry over.

20. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

That picture of Cropsy is AMAZING. In the words of Borat... I LIKE.