"The Burning" In 1.85:1 Animorphic

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by gunner, Jul 7, 2006.

1. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

If you have Nero there's a button you can click to combine files seemlessly as well (as long as they are the same encoding to begin with, which these were). I did that then used the Vipco dvd to make/name chapter stops, threw the artwork up for a background and have better dvd than many Sony offerings.:D

2. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I downloaded this and can play it in WMP and Winamp, but when I try to bring it into any of my editing programs and whatnot to try and creat a DVD ISO, it either won't recognize the AVI at all, or the audio is non-existant. Anyone else have this problem??

3. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Anybody know of any programs in which you can generate really good-looking DVD menus and such? Like, ones where you can select your own chapters and make your own chapter menus and stuff like that.

~Matt

4. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/index.html

Or did you mean free?

5. NIN

NIN Member

I have the 1080i HD version and it looks amazing. Much better than any other version I have had

6. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

Mmmkay...so, I'm ever so pissed. I spent the entire day yesterday unable to use my computer because I was downloading this thing...I guess I'm a moron, and I should probably be able to "figure it out", but after purchasing Sony Vegas, and installing all sorts of video software applications, I would have thought I would have some sort of software that would allow me to work with files like this.

After downloading these things, I ended up with two files, xxxx.avi.cd1 and xxxx.avi.cd2...I went through hell and high water to download proper codecs so I could view and listen to them with the various applications etc., and then tried to figure out how to get them to burn onto a disc. All of the applications I have that create dvds w/menus etc. said that the files were "not the required type" or some stupid shit like that. I assumed this meant that I had to join them together somehow, or reformat them into a proper format...

I found a link to a media player application that would play them, but it did not burn to dvd...then, I clicked some fucking button on this thing that said it would "convert to DSM"...I clicked that to see what it was about, but before I could stop it it converted the second file to some weird gibberish thing, and now I have to redownload the torrent file again.

I've had it--can someone tell me whether or not there is anything out there to join these two files together, and why various programs wouldn't recognize these files? It seems like they're standard .avi files, but I guess I've just got a special system, that after spending almost 2000.00 for, can't do a goddamn thing with...

grrrr!

7. speanroc

speanroc I WANNA BAN

straight from the IMDB

The version of the film shown on the MonstersHD channel (August 2006) is completely uncut. However the added bonus for this version is that they showed the film in its proper widescreen format. The film has never been issued in a widescreen format at all (short of its theatrical run) previously to this. the film is not true widescreen. It was shot open matte and the widescreen version on monstersHD, though the most beautiful print in existence, just has black bars added to the picture to give a false 1:85:1 ratio

8. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

That looks pretty cool, even better than TMPGE which in turn is better than Nero.
    I had to download a dvd plug-in to get avi files to work on Nero, which is easy to find on torrent sites. There's one for TMPGE too, although I've never found one that works.

As for the widescreen thing, 95% of movies shown 1.85 (or 1.66, 1.78) are shot FF then matted for the theater. It's still the intended ratio which has been covered in many threads before.

9. Korngold

Korngold New Member

I appear to be having a problem with the file. I d/l it off torrentspy and while I can see it (beautifully) I can't hear anything! My windows media player is saying it had a problem d/ling a codec for the file. Any suggestions?

10. MorallySound

Try downloading an AC3 filter.

11. MorallySound

I get the same problem as you with the "not the required type" stuff... I'm pretty sure it's because the AVI is encoded is an Xvid AVI.... blah.

12. RickMoe

RickMoe New Member

I had the exact same problem. You need to download the correct AC3 filter for the audio (like someone just posted), but you do not need to do this if you plan on playing this on a stand-alone DVD deck (with built in DIVX decoder). What I did was simply burn both halfs of the film to a blank DVD-R, then played it through my stand alone deck, while recording on another DVD-R on a seperate DVD Recorder deck (this way you can easily paste the 2 half-files together as 1 file).

Of course, this is the long way around the problem, and you will probably loose the 16x9 enhancement. The best way is just finding the proper audio codex and then joining the avi's together on the computer. Then burning the entire thing as either a VOB or IMAGE file to DVD... all the while creating personalized menus for the film. After all that, why not go ahead and print off a custom DVD cover, buy a cheap 50 cent DVD case, and selling the bastard on Ebay (like so many other chaps do)?? Though I don't condone that kind of action. :lol:

13. Korngold

Korngold New Member

You sir...rock.

Thank you.

14. Dusk

Dusk New Member

15. geeare

geeare Guest

WOW....I just watched this version last night and I was very excited to see it again. I haven't seen this since I was a kid and it was GREAT.

16. delirium

delirium Guest

I'm getting between 1 and 3 KB/s. Someone seed please :( It's about 68% done..

17. Korngold

Korngold New Member

I haven't seen it all before tonight and...like you said. WOW. Why is it tons of shit gets released yearly, but the red tape here in the states keeps this masterpiece from seeing the light of day?

and I never want to see jason alexander ass again.

18. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    DUSK - that cover is HOT!!!! For a second I thought it was a legit domestic release until I read the rest of the posts! Well done!!!!

19. Dusk

Dusk New Member

Thanks, took ages to make. The original source poster image was fairly faded and full of poster folds which nessecitated alot of detailed work.

20. Midnight Buddha

Midnight Buddha Member

Yeah great cover Dusk. Maybe MgM should use that when they eventually get around to releasing it on dvd. :)