The Dead Next Door-Any Good?

Discussion in 'General' started by Big Bobby D, Jul 31, 2004.

1. Big Bobby D

Big Bobby D Guest

There are a few posts on this movie, but, none of them really go into the plot and what it's about. And nobody really says why they like it or not. I saw the trailer and the "15 Years In 15 Minutes" featurette about the movie. It looks really cool and gory. And it looks very ambitious to be a project that a 19 year old kid directed. And yes, I know all about Sam Raimi financing the movie and he and some of the Evil Dead crew have cameos in it.
    :blabla: :banana:

2. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

I thought it was an okay flick, but nothing great. The voice dubbing for one of the main characters with Bruce Campbell's voice made it weird.

3. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Yeah, its nothing great. that director.. Jr Bookwalter or whatever has made a couple other films since then and all are blehh. Dead Next Door has SOME fun moments and a few lil injokey things. But nothing great. I guess get it if you are only like a dead hardcore zombie film lover. :)

4. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

I thought it was pretty good, but the dvd from Splatter Rampage looks like crap. I'd wait for the Anchor Bay version if you plan on buying it.

5. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

Wait for the Anchor Bay version, which comes out Early 2005. It will have some extras on it. The Splatter Rampage DVD was okay, it was a little better than the VHS copy that I had, but when I found out that AB was coming out with Dead Next Door, I quickly sold that DVD. I thought the movie was pretty good, and I remember before the movie came out there was an article in Fangoria about the movie. It was filmed very low budget, and Bruce Campbell did the voiceover of the lead guy, I don't remember the characters name, but he was tall and had black hair. Even Scott Spiegel, who directed Intruder, AKA Night Crew, was in it, and he was bitten by a Zombie. Highly recommended it you love Zombie movies.

6. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Thanks for more fascinating stuff we already didn't know and that wasn't discussed in the thread already. :)

7. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i didnt care for this movie that much kind of slow and boring but a fair movie

8. Big Bobby D

Big Bobby D Guest

Ryan, I too have read a lot about the upcoming dvd from A.B. But, I'm now really wanting to see it. I may buy the vhs from Tempe Video, it's only like $10. I also will probably get the Skinned Alive special edition dvd from them too (it's only $7!)
    Thanks for giving me some of your opinions!
    :blabla: :banana:

9. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Yeah, I haven't seen this movie either... looking forward to the DVD.

10. shift

shift Hot as shit!

the cover art what make this movie look good. But I also have not seen it , but plan on getting it one AB releases it in 2005 also.

11. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Heads up, Diabolik DVD has the new AB SE in stock for $12.99.

12. booper71

booper71 Lord of the Thighs.

to quote tony the tiger, it's greaaaaaaaaaaat !!!!!!!!!!!

13. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

I thought it was a lot of fun, and gave it three stars out of five (meaning 'good').

From my Track the Films You Watch thread entry...

I've got the old Splatter Rampage disc, but I just may have to check out that AB disc as well for the commentary and other stuff.

14. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

damn, i've had the R2 UK release of this for ages, i should check it out one day

15. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I should've sold my Rampage disc when it was getting some cheese on ebay.
    I watched the movie once but couldn't get into it that much. Everytime it started to get cool, bad acting or painful low budget would rear it's ugly head.
    It does deliver on the gore though.

16. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

Damn, it was getting big cheese on ebay? I had no idea, or else I woulda sold. :lol:

Oh well. :)

17. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Not really big cheese, but $25-30.
    Think I bought it for about $20 off ebay (after shipping) a few years ago, so I could've got about even. :)
    I'll watch it again someday but don't see any reason to get the AB disc. Cleaner picture, commentary, deleted scenes used to work, but won't help a movie I don't like much anyway.

18. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

I Don't know how they gonna clean this thing up... I mean... it was pretty damn bad to begin with. Looks like school project stuff seriously... with a couple thousand bucks. You're not getting evil dead style stuff here folks... this is low stuff. Lief Jonker's Darkness looks better than this IMO, and that is a very rough film. :)

19. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

Yeah, this is no cinematic marvel, that's for sure, but I just thought it was really fun and I'm suspecting that the commentary will probably be a good laugh too.

20. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

will pass on the dvd