The Dead Pit

Discussion in 'General' started by Mark Relford, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

Anyone remember this 80's zombie flick from Brett "Mr. Virtuosity" Leonard? Is it worth checking out? Was there ever an unrated version, cause I've only seen the R-rated one in video stores. The VHS box with the eyes that light up was a cool gimmick.

2. FulciZombieFan

FulciZombieFan Member

I have a PAL DVD video release that is uncut on the MIDNITE MOVIES label. I think it was then released under a different label. Both are ... to the best of my knowledge ... out of print.

The one I have looks OK but it was a very early DVD release so the quality is not the greatest though it definately looks better than a VHS copy.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman

3. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Isn't AB releasing this in North America. I never got around to renting it growing up. Is it gory or somehow entertaining?

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

The Midnight Movies PAL DVD is out of print. There is also a different PAL DVD issued by Dragon that is still in print.

5. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I rented this about a year ago on VHS. It was fun for what it was, but it definitely wasn't the best zombie movie around. The makeup was pretty lackluster, from what I remember and the storyline wasn't too hot either. Too bad the light up eyes on the box didn't work- I guess it was a pretty old VHS. :(

6. STREET TRASH

STREET TRASH Synthicide

I have it, the eyes don't work, and save for a grim, dark atmosphere - the movie is pretty bad.

7. I watched this a couple of times around 10 or 15 years ago. I remember thinking that it was a pretty decent low budget flick at the time, but not really all that special. Might have to give it another watch again someday.