The Devil's Rejects (HOTC part 2)

Discussion in 'General' started by rxfiend, Mar 2, 2004.

1. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

from creature-corner.com:

However divided genre fans may be over Rob Zombie's debut House of 1000 Corpses, there is a fanbase out there and they're drooling and clamoring for the latest news on Corpses 2.

Originally, Lions Gate got a tad ambitious by stating in the trades that the film would be ready in time for this spring. Hell, Zombie hasn't even started shooting yet. A script is done, however, and courtesy of Rob's lovely assistant, we've got the official title for the follow up: The Devil's Rejects. It's a moniker that'll draw in the church groups, won't it? According to Rob's assistant, the name is stemmed from "the nickname the media has bestowed upon our favorite band of murderers." Furthermore, we've learned that the plot also surrounds a band of bounty hunters led by Sheriff Wydell's brother who is fueled by revenge when he finds out that his kin was slain by the Firefly family.

Zombie has said in interviews that the sequel will pick up shortly after the first with the Firefly clan going on the road after their house is burned down and a few family members have been gunned down during a police raid.

Moseley, Haig, and the rest of the cast are all on board. Apparently some big news concerning new cast members will be arriving soon. Check back with the Corner for the latest...

2. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Thanks for the update. I thought that opening date seemed ambitious so I was expecting it to be pushed back. Still, I am excited about this one. Should be fun. If you like that kind of thing. Which I of course do.

3. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

ROB ZOMBIE: More 'Devil's Rejects' Casting News Announced - blabbermouth

According to a posting on Rob Zombie's web site, "everyone's favorite Charles Manson," Steve Railsback ("Helter Skelter", "Lifeforce", "Ed Gein") has signed on to appear in "The Devil's Rejects", the much-anticipated sequel to Zombie's directorial debut, "House of 1000 Corpses", tentatively due later in the year. "Mr. Railsback will portray Sheriff Ken Dwyer, the local sheriff who finds the remains of what the Devil's Rejects are leaving behind in their wake as they move across the country."

As previously reported, "The Devil's Rejects" (which "refers to the nickname that the media has bestowed upon our favorite band of murderers") will feature a plot revolving around "the revenge-driven brother of slain Sheriff Wydell hunting down the family with a band of bounty hunters." All original cast members are said to be on board.

Even though "House of 1000 Corpses" was not a box office smash, the relatively low-budget flick's (which cost a reported $7 million to produce) $12.5 million haul was enough to make Lions Gate Films happy.

4. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

This is going to be a fun flick, I can see it now. He'll have more money this time around, and will be able to do greater things.

5. Lyle Horowitz

Lyle Horowitz Miscreant

I thought Ken Foree was going to be in this?

What happened?

6. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Damn, even more great casting news from the Creature-Corner:

Call him "that guy." Call him an ex-con. Just don't call him pussy 'cause I think he'd skull rape you real good.

Danny Trejo is one of those guys with a recognizable face. You've seen him in Heat and From Dusk till Dawn (or anything by Robert Rodriguez for that matter), next you'll find him in Rob Zombie's The Devil's Rejects.

Zombie has cast Trejo as Rondo (likely named after Rondo Hatton, infamously known as The Creeper in The Brute Man) who is one half of a bounty hunter team nicknamed "The Unholy Two." Steve Railsback's Sheriff Wydell character apparently hires the hunters to track down The Firefly Clan now on the run that their House of 1000 Corpses has been burned to the ground.

I originally thought the first film was just okay, but its really grown on me. I am definitely looking forward to this sequel.

7. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

So I wonder if
    Denise actually escaped and led the police there
    or the authorities just eventually found out. It'd be kinda neat if this one maybe took place in the early 80's, it would be interesting to see them go from the 70's to the 80's. But if it takes place shortly after the original than I suppose it would still be in the 70's.

8. PELOQUIN

PELOQUIN New Member

im still waiting for an uncut DVD version hoping that it will have more sences. theres something weird about the pacing of that movie that make me wonder about the story line. maybe its the numerous tries at imitating some other movie "caught" ! but im looking forward at the sequel hoping for it to explain the origin of this fiasco! cause i have to admit that the final sequences is quite hot and full of suprises(monster talk).

9. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Even more great news:

Wow, the casting news for The Devil's Rejects is really coming fast and furious, ain't it?

Danny Trejo, P.J. Soles, Tyler Mane and Steve Railsback are just some of the cast already signed on for Rob Zombie's House of 1,000 Corpses sequel, and today we learned that a pivotal role in the film has been taken over by a very pivotal actor.

William (Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead, Once Upon A Time In Mexico) Forsythe has just accepted the role of Sheriff John Wydell, brother of the slain George Wydell played by Tom Towles in the first film. This will not be just some random cameo, fiends, Wydell and his driving need for revenge against the entire Firefly clan are the center point for the film. And Zombie couldn't be more thrilled to have him on board.

"I was fucking thrilled when William signed onto the film," Zombie gushed "He has exactly the heavy, menacing presence needed to make Sheriff Wydell more than a match for Otis, Spaulding and Baby. Sheriff Wydell is gonna be one tough motherfucker"

So how much longer til this casting insanity draws to a close? Good question. If you figure that over on Karen Black's official site she said she would not be returning for the role of Mother Firefly (which is still unconfirmed by Zombie's camp), it could be a few more weeks at least. Let's just hope the sequel is worth all this attention.

William Forsythe rules, and is yet another great addition to this sequel!

10. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Wait a minute. I thought it was Railsback's character who was looking for revenge.

11. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

12. ScarredGod

ScarredGod Guest

im looking forward to this movie but judging from the pix it looks alot less horror-ish. i thought i would hate the first one but i loved it. im thinking i will hate this sequel.

13. Alan Smithee

Alan Smithee Member

14. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

I fucking hated the first one - if I wanted TCM, I'd ask for TCM...
    I am looking forward to this one though from all the news I've heard.

15. who cares....the guy on the right is Danny Trejo baby!

16. Alan Smithee

Alan Smithee Member

:D True, but we already knew he was in the film. I just thought I'd point out DDP for all the wrestling fans here.

17. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    Yep, that is definately Diamond Dallas Page, too funny.

Wondering where Ken Foree is?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh yeah, MICHAEL BERRYMAN TOO!

18. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

hopefully movie is better than the first one

19. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Hopefully the movie will be AS GOOD as the first one :p

20. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Man, anyone else notice how much rougher Sheri Moon looks?