The Devil's Rejects (HOTC part 2)

Discussion in 'General' started by rxfiend, Mar 2, 2004.

1. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Same here. Basically non-stop since yesterday. I love Seed of Memory by Terry Reid. Goddman great song.

2. Just saw the film today and rarely is there a film where I'm a different person leaving the theatre than I was entering

3. MorallySound

Is that a good thing or bad?

4. Demon

Demon Don't Fuck With Dolly!

The soundtrack to me was good but I don't want to rush out and buy the cd being a musician, I have most of the stuff they used for the soundtrack but its good to see this movie is broadening people's musical horizons......not everything has to be 'Let The Bodies Hit The Floor'

5. I'd say it's a good thing...so few recent movies have that effect

6. shift

shift Hot as shit!

Plan to see it tomorrow.
    Thanks all for the reviews

7. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

Thanks to my secret field agent who alerted me that The Devil's Rejects page at IFILM has been updated with some very cool Comic-Con interview clips. Definitely worth checking out for those who have seen the film already and are spoiler-proof. :banana:

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2655658?htv=12

8. Ebert and Roeper gave The Devil Regects " Two Thumbs Up ", i gotta see this film.

9. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

I just saw it last night and it wasn't as tense as I thought it would be. The latter half of the film was better because of the cop. I preferred House of 1000 Corpses to this film but I'm not saying that this one sucked. It just didn't have the kick that I expected.

10. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

Everybody keeps saying how Wydell was sooo cool, but I just found his lines about vengeance and such repetitive as hell. I plan on seeing it again this week, maybe I'll open up to the SOB... I just find him annoying even thinking about it though.

11. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Oh yeah I wanted him to die more then I wanted the family to die. He was quite annoying.

12. MorallySound

I thought Forsythe did an amazing job as Wydell and I think him and Mosely should be nominated for Academy Awards!

And does anyone have a link to Ebert & Roeper's review of the movie? I can't find it anywhere online. I've only been able to find Ebert's Chicago Sun-Times review.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2005
  13. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

http://tvplex.go.com/buenavista/ebertandroeper/today.html

The site usually updates the audio clips on Tuesdays or Wednesdays for the previous week's show...so check back in a day or two and you'll be able to hear the review. :)

14. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

15. DVDBone

DVDBone Member

I just cannot get this movie out of my head. I need to see it again. This movie has one of the best scenes I have ever seen in a movie - let's just call it the Baby bath scene ... I think that's what they call the clip of it on the official website. The use of music and the emotion with all of the characters in that scene is phenomenal ... all without a single word of dialogue. It reminded me of the whole "I'll Remember You" scene in HO1KC, except even more haunting.

16. Paul0889

Paul0889 New Member

HOTC...non stop gore??? what movie are u talking about

17. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Well, I didn't find him the least bit annoying. I thought he was an amazing, complex character. I wouldn't hesitate to say Forsythe gave one of the best performances in the history of horror, and I'd love to see him get a lot of recognition for it.

18. life_o_petey

life_o_petey Guest

agreed. Forsythe was one of the best things about the movie. He was definitely a worthy foe for the Rejects.

19. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Blabbermouth - ROB ZOMBIE recently spoke to U-Press Telegram about his second feature film, "The "Devil's Rejects", and his headlining stint on the second stage of this year's Ozzfest, which kicked off on July 15 in Mansfield, MA. An excerpt from the interview follows:

U-Press Telegram: Your wife has said that "One of the best things about Rob's filmmaking is that he doesn't cater to a teen horror audience. He has no interest in it." Why not?

Rob Zombie: "There's the trend with every movie, not just horror movies, in catering to teens. Anyone over the age of 25 is too old to be in a movie. That's a fallacy created by somebody. I was a kid once. I didn't feel that way. I had no problem watching Clint Eastwood. I didn't watch 'The Good, The Bad and The Ugly' and go, 'Look at that old man. Why don't they put a kid in there?' It's a weird thing, and it's hurting movies.

"There's nothing wrong with young actors. I just felt these movies were becoming like teen slaughter fests, which is fine. There's always been those movies, but it felt like that's all there was for a while. Can I see some seasoned actors, please?"

U-Press Telegram: "House of a 1,000 Corpses" was produced on a shoestring budget and made over $17 million, which led Lions Gate to make "Devil's Rejects". Were you resistant to doing it?

Rob Zombie: "I don't like sequels. I like movies having a beginning and an end. Sequels are a disturbing new trend where nothing can end. But at the same time, it's really, really hard to get movies made, to get movies funded. Lions Gate wanted to do a sequel. Of course, I wasn't going to turn it down, but at the same time I wanted to make it as much its own film as possible and vary from the look and tone of the first film. To me, the first film is 'Mad Max' and this one's 'The Road Warrior'."

U-Press Telegram: Universal Pictures was supposed to release the first film, but changed its mind and didn't. Didn't they know what they were getting into with you?

Rob Zombie: "Of course they did. How could they not know? They had the script; they saw the dailies. We shot the film on the Universal back lot. It wasn't like we were out of their sight. They could have looked out their window and seen what we were up to."

U-Press Telegram: Does it seem ironic to you that Universal recently released George Romero's "Land of the Dead", which is very violent and gory?

Rob Zombie: "Times change. Four years ago, there wasn't the big horror boom. Now it hits, and boom, everyone wants a horror movie. We're not stupid. We know everything is dictated by money."

U-Press Telegram: In "House of a 1,000 Corpses", the sequence at the hotel has a lot of torture. As a filmmaker, how do you know when you've crossed a line and the suffering characters inflict on each other doesn't add anything to the story?

Rob Zombie: "I'll take everything as far as I can if I still think it's beneficial to the movie and you're still making art. But when it turns into pure exploitation for exploitation, that's where I'd stop. Once it slips into gratuitous for the sake of it, that's not what I'm trying to do.

"With that scene, you just want to create that feeling of dread. It becomes menacing. It's more of a mental torture that they're putting on these people. Nothing is for shock value, as long as it serves the story."

U-Press Telegram: How do you work with an actor if he or she is uncomfortable with something. Do you have a sensitivity to that?

Rob Zombie: "You do and you don't. On the first film, I would have, but now I don't care. To me, it's all about the film. It's not about your feelings. It's not about your personal sense of right or wrong. It's about making this film great. If you're not here for that reason, you shouldn't be here.

"Certain actors were really uncomfortable with that (hotel) scene, but now they're not uncomfortable. All they do is look at it and go, 'Wow. It really worked.' That's the thing I realized. They may feel bad, but they're going to feel worse after the fact if they feel like they held back."

20. I have plans to go see this after work today (there's a 4:15pm showing...right after my shift is over). I'll be going alone as my wife, friends & even family members HATED the original and refuse to pay hard earned cash to see its sequal. Personally, I can't wait. Even watched my HOTC DVD as an encore last night!