The Devil's Rejects (HOTC part 2)

Discussion in 'General' started by rxfiend, Mar 2, 2004.

1. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I think you are going to love it Peter. My wife wanted to watch HOTC before we went and saw Devil's Rejects, she just can't get enough of that damn Cpt. Spaulding.

2. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I may have to take a trip in a day or so just to see this movie. I want to see Undead and maybe Land too but I doubt I'll still be able to find them in my area.

3. Demon

Demon Don't Fuck With Dolly!

I didn't think Land of the Dead was violent or gory

4. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I've still yet to see this. It looks great but I have a feeling that it will be particularly hard for me to watch considering Priscilla Barnes is in it. I don't wanna see Terri from Three's Company get beaten up. :(

5. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

hunh? :eek2:

6. Thank you for the truthful, honest review, Rhett. I completely agree.
    I hated HOTC and I hate this one. Though not AS much, it won't get a second viewing.
    Zombie's lyrics were somewhat clever, IMO, while he was still in White Zombie. I thought he was the shit when I was about 13. He also had a knack for sound bites, which I loved.
    But his filmmaking/writing is so uninspired and wasteful.
    Rob Z., you will not dupe me again...
    :mad:

7. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I saw it again today (shorter drive from work), and I enjoyed it on a whole different level. Without having the constant worry about what might happen (although that did pop up several times like I hadn't just seen the movie), I could sit back and just enjoy the characters and the ride and damn. I think I liked everything, even the ending, better this go around, and I loved it plenty the first time. I definitely think I will be enjoying and watching this one for years to come.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2005
  8. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I respect Rhett's review, this is actually one of the few times I remember totally disagreeing with him, but do you know anyone who wasn't truthful and honest about their opinion on this film?

9. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

Haha...

Then maybe you should stay away from this one... she gets humiliated, beaten, and worse.

10. Enutz666

Enutz666 Member

Loved the movie! Does anyone know whos selling the last supper poster cheap.

11. OK, saw it by my lonesome yesterday afternoon (I was so...ronery!) and after watching this film I felt like I just got off a rollercoaster. I was all tensed up. I had to go home and wash the movie off of my body. I felt downright DIRTY having seen it! Hadn't had that happen in a while.

Disturbing? Yeah!

Gory? I've seen worse.

Good? I don't know if I can call a movie like this "good". Its just so sadistic in nature (not my fav type of horror movie type) that its hard to say I thought this movie was "good".

I will say Zombie learned a few things as a director since HOTC. Much better visuals & layout. Plus he directed a pretty decent action sequence (shootout in the beginning).

Now some spoiler comments & questions:
    -Was anyone else cheering when Sheriff Wydell was giving the Firefly family their just desserts? Every stick beating, electrocuting, crucifying and...STAPLING for christ's sake I was silently shouting "hell yeah, give 'em more" I actually wanted Wydell to kill 'em slow...especially that b**ch Baby! She likes to dish it out, but after one stapling session she looked like a little girl sent to the corner!....I was LOVIN' THAT!!!

-Did anyone think...Spaulding wasn't all that bad? I honestly don't think he killed anyone in either movie. Sure he helped headbutt the girl in the motel trying to get away, but that was it! Also he seemed disturbed when Otis was putting the band leader's skinned face on the girl & him & Baby were laughing...he seemed to just wanna go & didn't necessarily approve of what they were doing (but he sure as hell didn't stop them).

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2005
  12. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

Can't seem to find anything on the last supper pic, but pixposters.com has both original theatrical posters for $15 each. Buy both for $25 total.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Click 'em!

Great company - I've ordered from them a few times before and always had good service. Not the exact poster you were asking for, but such a bargain, I figured it was worth mentioning.

13. Enutz666

Enutz666 Member

Thanks I'll check it out

14. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

15. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

I just saw this movie (by myself as well), and I gotta say that the best part of the movie was
    after Wydell caught the Rejects. He was one crazy mofo, as bad or even worse than Otis and Co.. I loved the part when Tiny showed up behind him as well. Just a sense of someone coming up from behind and then there's Tiny!! Cool!! Also loved the shootout ending....Everything up to the capture was brutal and mean,
    but I have to say that I didn't really get into the movie until the end....some of the blame for that can be laid at the people running the theatre though cause the sound wasn't quite as clear nor as loud as it should've been. Either way, I'll be picking up the DVD when it comes out as I'd pretty much figured I'd enjoy this one better at home anyway. I almost didn't go see it in theatres.

Oh and I loved the opening shootout too. Them masks were soooo cool!!!!!!!

16. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I seem to have picked up a new hobby of getting outbid on the big Last Supper posters. I want one so badly, but at a reasonable price. Oh well. Tomorrow is another bidding day.

17. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

the movie is great. Saw it last night and haven't stopped thinking about it. Picked up the soundtrack and watched all the extras...actually this is a GREAT soundtrack. I'm a sucker for all that 70's music and I think Zombie used it all very well throughout the film. Talk about a spermload of wicked cameos! I didn't even catch them all and was surprised to read of even more when I got back from the film.

Oh, and Sheri Moon's still got a great ass, IMO> :sperm:

18. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

I wasn't a huge fan of 1,000 CORPSES,I thought it was sort of a near miss,but I have to say I was pretty impressed with REJECTS.It's much more cohesive than CORPSES,truth be told,it's really a brutal road movie rather than the more "horror" oriented HOUSE.It reminded me on occasions of a number of late 60's to late seventies nihilistic pics like BRING ME THE HEAD OF ALFREDO GARCIA,ROLLING THUNDER,RABID DOGS ,DILLINGER and even BONNIE AND CLYDE.I found it more disturbing,in a more personal way ,than the earlier film.The cast shines too_Of the new additions I really enjoyed Forsythe,Barnes(a LONG way from THREES COMPANY) and Geoffrey Lewis(an old favorite of mine !).It's a bleak picture,not for everyone,but I was taken by it.

19. Demon

Demon Don't Fuck With Dolly!

just wait a couple of months and you'll be getting them on Ebay for 99 cents.......I remember folks buying the Land of the Dead poster right when the movie was released for like $30.......look on there now folks!!

20. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

Finally saw it today...big thumbs up! My wife said afterward, "Okay, now you have to sit through at least 10 romantic comedies for making me watch that..." and she doesn't even LIKE romantic comedies, so you know it was good!

I thought it dragged a wee bit toward the end, mainly the final scenes with William Forsythe, but that's my only real quibble. I thought the classic rock went a tad overboard at times, but really dug the opening credit sequence and a few others throughout the film.

The first one loses me during the last 20 minutes or so, but this one was a huge improvement. Can't wait to get this on DVD. Best horror movie I've seen in theaters this year [sorry George.]

Oh yeah....did anyone else see a similarity between Ken Foree's character and Lando from the Star Wars movies? Just wonderin'...probably not. It's something I noticed right away, where he betrays them but then redeems himself later. As far as some of the stuff discussed in earlier posts, everybody in the theater laughed their ass off when that lady was smashed by the truck. I thought the final shootout montage went on a little bit too long, but all in all I liked it. It reminded me of "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" with a little of "Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry" mixed in.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2005