The Devil's Rejects (HOTC part 2)

Discussion in 'General' started by rxfiend, Mar 2, 2004.

1. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

I saw this last night. It was awesome! I won't get into details since I wouldn't want to spoil it. I thought it was a lot better than his 1st film, which was just a Texas Chainsaw tribute. I think that this Zombie fellow has a future in film making :)

2. "truthful and honenst" meaning he didn't say some bullshit like 'oh this was so good' or 'so bad' and that be it. sheesh.
    :glasses:

3. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

I spoke with my Mom earlier today and she said today was the first day that she ever walked out of a film... The Devil's Rejects. She said it was just foul language, whores and nothing but killing. Sounds good to me.

4. Everything I found appealing about it.

5. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

A couple walked out when we saw it too. I think it was a case where the guy dragged his girl to see it and after about 20 minutes she demanded to leave.

6. Luna

Luna Guest

I saw it and loved it! I just wanted to chime in that yeah, we had a couple next to us walk out maybe 2/3 of the way into the story, and numerous Hot Topic teens (dumb mall bondage pants, etc) running in and out of the movie the whole damn time. :lol:

7. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

[​IMG]

8. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Holy shit, just got back from seeing it and thought it was fucking fantastic! I loved the black-as-coffee humor, the soundtrack, the 70's feel the film had, and the gore. There were some moments that had my jaw dropping to the floor, and that's always a good thing. I saw a couple walk out of the movie around the moment when
    the sheriff puts the nails into Otis's hands
    and after the film as the people were filing out of the theater, I heard one young woman say, "That was disgusting!" in a serious tone of voice. It's always a good sign when your film offends people. But seriously, what could they expect from a movie called The Devil's Rejects? :)

Believe it or not, the ending had me close to tears... and the way Zombie manipulates the viewers into actually caring about the bad guys is just brilliant. One of the best movies I've seen in a theater! It gets two thumbs up from me. :D

9. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I've seen this movie three times now (opening day, and the Sat. night and Sunday night opening weekend), and I haven't seen anyone walk out on it. When the movie was over (and this happened everytime I went), almost everyone in the theatre stayed seated and silent for a couple moments, gathering their thoughts. Everyone I talked to/heard on the way out of the theatre loved it.

10. Agent Z

That's what I should have done. I was going to go back for a second showing this week, only to discover that TDR dropped down to only two theaters in my area (from about the 6-8 theaters it premiered with), and each theater is only showing like one very-late showing a night. So, I will have to be happy to have seen it at least once in the theater, I guess.

11. It says on DVD Aficionado the release date for the DVD is on Nov. 8, i don't know if that's true but if it is i cannot wait.

12. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

www.myvideostore.com also has it for that date

13. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

That'd be cool. I was hoping by some miracle the DVD would hit in October, but I was just being blinded by my desire to own this as soon as possible.

14. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

I hope it's an unrated cut, but with how much I love this movie I'd double-dip for sure.

15. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

First I read Rhett's review of Fire and Ice, and then I decided to finally read through this thread now that I I've seen the film.

Rhett is now on my "ignore" list :D

Seriously though man, maybe it's time to take a break from movies for a while. You blowing me away here.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2005
  16. onebyone

onebyone Guest

There is a new interview with Rob Zombie posted here where he talks a bit about his upcoming projects and Reject's Box Office Results. The part about the box office was my favorite part.

17. Agent Z

18. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I should resist, but I seem powerless to resist the Rejects. That good review didn't help matters. The IDW price is very good though, so screw it. It is ordered. Thanks for the information Mission.