The Devil's Rejects (HOTC part 2)

Discussion in 'General' started by rxfiend, Mar 2, 2004.

1. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I like the 2nd poster better.

2. Fuck any haters, I'll be seeing this one. It'll rock, just like the first one. I hope HO1C does come out uncut.

3. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

4. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

5. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Blabbermouth - Launch Radio Networks is reporting that Rob Zombie is about two weeks away from completing work on his second directorial effort, "The Devil's Rejects", and he says the movie is more violent and more psychologically intense than his first film, 2003's "House of 1000 Corpses". In fact, Zombie had to submit the movie to the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) eight times, making cuts each time, before it would grant the film an R rating. But Zombie told Launch it wasn't the movie's physical violence that bothered the ratings board. "There was a couple of scenes in particular they just could not get over," he explained. "And, you know, I would talk to them and I'd go, 'Well, what can I cut?' There's no nudity, there's no bad language, there's no violence, there's no nothing.' They're like, 'Yeah, but the tone is too intense.' That literally is like someone watching a comedy and telling you it's too funny, make it less funny."

Zombie says he and the ratings board eventually came to a compromise to get the film its R rating.

"The Devil's Rejects", which stars Sid Haig, Bill Moseley and Sheri Moon Zombie, opens in theatres on July 22.

Rob Zombie is also working on a new studio album, although he does not have a firm release date for the record. Zombie will, however, headline the second stage at this summer's Ozzfest, which begins on July 15 in Mansfield, Massachusetts.

6. Agent Z

I was feeling "blah" until I came across this:

[​IMG]

:)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2005
  7. onebyone

onebyone Guest

That is so very awesome. I feel like I should hold up a lighter or something. Count me in for this one god damn it.

8. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Satan's last supper.

9. Agent Z

Yes! It made me want to go out and buy a lighter just to hold one up. I just tore a leg off my bed and made a torch instead anway. :D

And I have new wallpaper. Yay me. :)

10. MrVess

MrVess Guest

There are few pseudodirectors who manage to make Uwe Boll and Paul W. S. Anderson look competent... "Chris Fisher" would be one, and this "Zombie" - the other.

11. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

This looks very cool, but where is Ken Foree? :(

12. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

I agree 100%, Vess. I hated 1000 CORPSES with far more energy than it deserved...but that picture (above) FUCKING RULES!!!!!!! Just crop of the words across the bottom and hang it on my wall! :evil:

Otherwise, I doubt I'll even rent this when it comes out. Unless I hear a lot of positive buzz about it--then maybe.

13. Agent Z

14. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

I'm sure you'll hear a shitload of possitive comments on it, as well as negative. I'll be going to it in theatres 'cuz I'm a stupid whore and actually liked the first one. I enjoyed it better than any of these other MTV/music-video horror movies that have been coming out.

15. Agent Z

16. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

So when is this coming out? I loved the first and am looking forward to it.

17. shift

shift Hot as shit!

hell yea!

18. Alien Redrum

Alien Redrum New Member

Mission Code Z..

That pic is, quite simply, awesome. :D

19. Alien Redrum

Alien Redrum New Member

Caught this tonight and was blown away on it. It's very, very good and much more brutal and reletentless than the first.

I don't know if it's the final cut I saw, or what, but there's a lot of nudity, a lot of cursing, a lot of violence, a lot of good, American family values. :lol:

I went with someone who didn't like the first one, but he liked this one. The writing is better, the camera work is better and it's just a damn good ride.

See this as soon as it comes out.

20. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Alien Redrum, you make my mouth water. I liked the first one a lot, but I am even more hyped for this one. I hope the version you saw is the one we get. Bring on the nudity, cursing, and violence!