The Dream Child Unrated DVD

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Buechlers_beard, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Active Member

A while ago, a site that had DVD's of many a rare movie, were selling a copy of A Nighmare on Elm Street: The Dream Child in its UNRATED form (I believe it was a widescreen rip of an unrated Laserdisc). The site has since shut it's doors, presumably because of legal issues.

Does anyone have a copy of this. Or indeed the capability to rip LD to a file?

Thanks people!

2. DanceEnergy24

DanceEnergy24 New Member

I think the site you're referring to is fleshwoundvideo. I also missed out on a few titles I was interested in because they shut down. I think it's up and running again but only has legit, official releases. I don't have that specific Dream Child uncut version but I created my own fan edit using the DVD and a copy of either the VHS or laserdisc rip of the unrated cut. I got it from stumpydisks.com but the last I checked it had been removed. Basically, my version is a copy of the good quality DVD from the boxset (rated R) with the uncut gore scenes edited back in. You come up to a certain point, there is a slight pause, see the uncut material, another slight pause and it cuts back the film. This is not one of my favorite Elm Street films but it's a lot better with Dan and Greta's uncut deaths. Greta's scene with Freddy saying "you are what you eat" actually makes sense now.

3. Buechlers_beard

Makes so much more sense! I grew up watching the uncut vhs here in the UK. Only when I brought the New Line Platinum Series Collection I realised how butchered it was.

4. DanceEnergy24

DanceEnergy24 New Member

You guys in the UK also got the uncut version of the original Nightmare on Elm Street on VHS. I won a copy of the old uncut CBS/Fox tape on eBay and got it tranferred to an NTSC DVD (about $30 to do so). Then, again, used the DVD from the boxset and edited back in Tina's death scene. It may not be much but the extra couple seconds of "blood splash" adds a lot to the movie and is how Wes Craven intended it to be seen.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  5. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

The Swedish VHS of the first movie was fully uncut, and I remember how pissed off I was when I got the Elite Laserdisc, and the blood splash was missing :(
    Elm Street 5 was cut on VHS over here, but the versions on TV was uncut, so I used to have it preserved on tape, but it´s long gone now...
    I wonder if the Unrated cuts will ever come out again.

6. DanceEnergy24

DanceEnergy24 New Member

I heard that New Line Cinema was interested in doing an uncut version of part 5 on DVD but was unable to do so because of a damaged master print. So far, to the best of my knowledge, only the R-rated versions have been released on DVD around the world. I've never heard of uncut or alternate cuts of 2, 4 or 7. Part 3 has some alternate music and an alternate TV scene showing the nurse in a bra instead of nude. Part 6 has some TV and workprint scenes.

7. Buechlers_beard

Thanks for the input guys! These scenes (though small) really do elevate each film, with Nightmare 5 suffering the most unfortunately.

You're right DanceEnergy. The UK version of Dream Warriors also has alternate music cue over the opening titles. I've never seen the censored "bra" scene though.

As for part 1. I personally think the blood splash doesn't add too much. BUT, there is still no good reason not to include it!

To my knowledge, the Deleted Scenes from any of the first 7 Nightmares (excluding part1) have never been released in any form even thought here were many. If Bob Shaye was still in charge, I imagine we would have seen more footage by now. :(

Hopefully one day.....