The Dream House-Daniel Craig.

Discussion in 'Reader Reviews' started by Anthropophagus, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

Just came back from seeing this, I had low expectations and boy, did it ever live up to those low expectations.
    It set a good pace for the first forty minutes and was quite compelling, but then it went into the whole M.Knight Shamalamadingdong twist that may have been novel ten years ago but now is just dull and played out.
    At ninety two minutes it seemed overlong, a great cast was pretty much wasted and Craig's acting chops seemed to really deteriorate in the last half. Some of that dialogue during the melodramatic parts was cringe worthy. It's being touted as horror, thriller, mystery, drama thriller but really does not fit into any of those genres for me. It seemed like it could have been a made for tv drama with little suspense thrown in.
    Pretty bad all around.

2. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that as the trailer made me want to see it. I'll still probably go with my daughter.

3. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

On the bright side, there's not too much in there that will be offensive to your daughter. Hope you enjoy it.

4. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I saw this today as well and yup it was pretty blahhhh. It felt like an average made for TV film. If you have to see it, rent it but there really isn't much to see here.

5. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

So,can I ask,was the film's "big twist'' revealed in the trailer ? Kinda looked like it was.