The Evil Within 2002 finished 2017 horror film finally released

Discussion in 'General' started by fceurich39, Apr 2, 2017.

1. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

2. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

Ohhhh, I so want this. Is this a DVD only release?

fceurich39 likes this.
  3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

As a HUGE fan of the straight-to-video trash of the early '00s, I need to see this.

fceurich39 likes this.
  4. fceurich39

Yep DVD only iam getting it at my indie store Tuesday not sure if Walmart stores will carry it though I will find out Tues. This looks crazy And several reviews make the movie sound very cool looking forward to seeing it

5. fceurich39

Also the late actor who was in devils rejects and house of 1000 corpses played tiny has a cameo in this I read from some reviews about the film. And he died in 2005

Harry Warden likes this.
  6. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

Let us know bud if WalMart gets it.

7. fceurich39

Didn't see DVD at Walmart they have it on amazon though for $10 got mine at my indie store today and surprised to see it having special features.

Also another cool movie came out today called don't kill it Walmart has the DVD but there also is a bluray too

Harry Warden likes this.
  8. fceurich39

Just finished it the movie was very cool weird I liked it

9. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

How very unusual. You don't hear about this kind of thing very often. (Also, I've been made to understand meth addiction is pretty gnarly. The side effects are on the creepier side when it comes to drugs.)

If it feels like a 2002 horror film, I think I can more than rope myself into checking it out.

fceurich39 likes this.
  10. CPT HOOK

Now available on Amazon Prime streaming.

fceurich39 likes this.
  11. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Bought the DVD a couple weeks ago & watched it earlier this week. This definitely stands out from say a 2017 independent horror production. Politically incorrect content for sure, not to mention more than a few plot holes. What makes it worth watching though would be surreal imagery & other times deranged visual effects. Sure we've seen plenty of dark edgy things from character nightmares in horror films, but what you find in The Evil Within are some very bizarre ideas translated to the screen. I'm sure it has more than a little to do with the writer/director being a meth head. Matthew McGrory gets quite the hilarious cameo. Kim Darby (Don't Be Afraid of the Dark 1973) has a little more screen time, as does Michael Berryman. Not a classic of any kind, but I'm satisfied with my $10.00 purchase and would watch this again.

fceurich39 likes this.
  12. CPT HOOK

Just bought this on DVD for $1.50 from Family Video. Should make for fun October viewing.

Also, I noticed this just won the big award at Shriekfest, even though it has been on DVD for months.

fceurich39 likes this.
  13. CPT HOOK

Finally watched it late last night. Pretty crazy movie, as promised. It's about a mentally handicapped boy who starts talking to his doppelganger in an antique mirror. Pretty soon the doppelganger is convincing him to kill the neighborhood pets, eventually urging him to move up to the pretty blonde who works at his favorite ice cream parlor. The director describes it in the extras features, comparing it to the Son Of Sam killer and posing the question "what if there really was a talking dog?"

I've seen reviews comparing this to The Room, and it's not warranted. The movie is competently acted and made, it's just... out there. Maybe that comparison comes from the fact that's it's a vanity project from a millionaire inexperienced director? Supposedly he sunk millions into it, it was filmed over five years and the movie was never even completed before his death of a drug overdose.

The DVD contains interviews from the set, including one with the late director. I'd be more interested to hear interviews from the cast and crew now, more of a retrospective of the 15 year making of the film rather than EPK from the set. I bet the full story behind this one is fascinating. Especially when you have well-known actors here like Sean Patrick Flanery, Dina Meyer, Kim Darby, Michael Berryman, etc.

fceurich39 and MorallySound like this.