The Final Terror

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by rhett, Jun 2, 2002.

1. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

Yeah, the current DVD blows. I'd love to see a nice transfer.

2. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Cool! I wish I could go see it at the drive-in! Yeah, the DVD transfer currently blows chunks.

3. CUBANmix

CUBANmix Guest

i liked it,very atmospheric,i got the old vestron tape thats dark as hell..the couple that got murdered while they were fucking was a very intense scene,as well as the sequence when everyone is locked in the bus at night and the killer is outside.i wouldve liked some more killings,but the scenes with the killer blending in to the scenery was just pure genius..

4. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

For a second I was thinking why would anyone want this on the bigscreen and then I realized that I was thinking of Final Exam, haha. I've actually got the Trinity version of Final Terror. Sure would be fun to see that on the big screen.

5. Fistfuck

Fistfuck Slowest to 2000 posts

This is a rare breed of slasher that actually has a tangible feeling of dread and despair. This is helped along by solid acting and unorthodox slasher plotting. Even though it comes late in the cycle, I believe it takes itself seriously by looking at the genre standards and saying "this can be something more." It's a shame this film doesn't get more recognition and respect.

6. gore

gore Guest

They dont make them like this anymore. One of my favorites. Makes a good double feature night with Just before dawn. Is there even a chance at a solid release of this?

7. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

For those interested, there is a double feature DVD that is or just came out in Germany (CVM) including The Final Terror and Funeral Home (1980). Video is fullscreen and audio includes English track.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Not much info about the image quality of The Final Terror though, but I doubt it will be pristine ...

8. rhett

rhett Administrator

I know you don't mean that, and so does Wildman.

9. CodeRedDVd

CodeRedDVd Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2008
  10. rhett

rhett Administrator

So that begs the question, Bill...why don't you guys release this? :D

11. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

Uh oh, I just missed what CodeRedDVD put up and then edited out. I'd love to see Code Red put out this, The Prey and Humongous if at all possible.

12. Mutilated Prey

He's keeping something under his hat Guy. Must've felt like he spoke too soon. Whatcha got Bill? Let's see it! Give it up!

:lol:

13. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

Hey now, don't you or Bill get me wrong, I'm still buying Final Exam when it comes out. Just was saying about if it were back on the bigscreen, that's all.

14. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Just got back from watching this at the drive-in. I must say, I was a bit let down with the film. I expected a little bit more. It got really slow in the middle of the film. It was worth watching once, but I won't be buying the DVD anytime. As for the actual print, it was in great shape (except reel changes, but that's to be expected)!!

15. Mutilated Prey

Sorry you didn't like it, but I'm still jealous! So cool to go to drive-in in 2008 and see that flick. You're indeed lucky.

16. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

I'm sorry but this movie was hella better than Madman, that movie had one of the worst scripts ever!!!And the lead chick looked like a fish, kinda looked like that chick from Mean Girls, the blonde stupid one...

17. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Okay, so we knew there were TV versions with additional scenes for Halloween, Halloween II, Prom Night, Grotesque, etc, but did you know that the TV version of The Final Terror that used to air on USA network had an additional scene that isn't included on any of the VHS / DVD / blu-ray releases?

Movie-Censorship.com recently posted a comparison: http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=767131

All of the new footage happens at the beginning of the movie and regards the couple that are killed in the opening scene.

In the TV cut, the movie starts with a scene of the couple frolicking around the beach. The girl's death scene is longer as well, including an additional look at the girl's body and the killer.

The opening credits are also padded out to nearly five minutes, presumably to bring the skimpy 82 minute running time up to 90 minutes (allowing 30 minutes for commercials in a 2 hour timeslot).

[​IMG]

This was news to me. Nothing major, just something the slasher fans might appreciate. Too bad Scream Factory didn't catch it before they put it on blu-ray, the deleted scene would have made a fun inclusion.

18. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

... and it's on YouTube. Not sure if I'm allowed to post the link, but it's easy enough to find.

19. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

Final Terror was a holy grail release for me when it came out on BD last year. It's still a top 10 personal favorite but that release has now been trumped by The Mutilator. I love both films equally but, in terms of presentation, Mutilator wins by a landslide. I now own 3 of the best slasher movies ever made, which also happen to be some of my absolute favorite movies of all time (this includes Just Before Dawn). Gonna be tough to top these Blu-rays!

20. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

I have this love love love the artwork!!!!