The Flesh Eaters (1964)

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Hellbilly, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

[​IMG]

Fun little exploitation flick from the golden 60s. Never seen it before, now I'm glad I got the DVD. Enough cheese and bloodletting to keep one entertained. Worth tracking down :)
    The infamous nazi footage is included as a deleted scene. The movie is presented in 16:9 widescreen and looks very good.

2. Shokk

Shokk Lord Of The Thighs

Very cool film.One of the most nasty creature features of its time.Nice to see some love for this one...the dvd is top notch also.:cool:

3. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

I've thought about getting this before. Is there really any gore in it? The reason I held off was because I thought it would be one of those really cheesy older monster movies or something, maybe in the line of Del Tenney. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED Horror Of Party Beach/Curse Of The Living Corpse but I was afraid this would be in the same vein.

4. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

I love this movie, one of my favorites from the era, but I can't say that it's NOT cheesy. I definitely think it's better than the Del Tenney stuff, but you may feel that there's not enough difference...Dunno. I'd say rent it first if you can.

5. rijir

rijir Member

This is an all time favorite of mine since I saw it on TV in the 70's. The DVD that was actually released is not as good as the one that Retromedia was going to put out. That one has interviews and more. There was rights issues and these guys got it out and left out the bonus features. What assholes.

I wish the film was in color. But for its time it is gorry. Cheezy? Yes very much so. But fun.

A remake was done some years ago by a fellow I know. But rights issues are holding up an official release of that one.