The Forest Slasher Movie Any Good?

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by fceurich39, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo The Bloodstained Shadow

I am not holding my breath for the release date.Like everything else,it will be pushed back.

2. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

well media blasters got code red's 2nd dvd release out on time jule verne dvd i seen out at hastings and best buy when i went out of town today is this a sign things are improving though i doubt it

3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

CDUniverse.com and Overstock.com are now listing The Forest for a December 5th release date.

4. Jimbo

You have got to be kidding........SHIT

5. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

well thats shitty i guess they release title on time that nobody really cares to buy like jules verne dvd

6. Jimbo

So I guess Devil times five will probably be more like a Febuary-May release instead on November as well.Code Red should have never got mixed up with Media Blasters and their constant SHIT distribution.

7. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Deep Discount DVD has also now changed the release date to 12/5

Check out Amazon now: Availability: THIS TITLE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.

I hope that's not true! :(

Last edited: Nov 4, 2006
  8. Jimbo

Yeah,Looks like we will have to wait.I have been waiting for this one for a long time.Never thought it would see a release on dvd but guess we are prisoners to distribution.

Try again in a couple months :(

9. gunner

gunner Cropsy Maniac

It had been years since I'd seen the old vhs of this one, my memory was absolutely blank other than remembering I didn't care much for it. But I still bought the Code Red dvd recently and fell in love with the opening title sequence...starting with a distant shot of a couple hiking along a redwood log, the music was very electronic/folkish/whimsical, I thought wow, this is like a 70's bigfoot movie. Then, when we see the couple up close BOOM! the guy is Stafford Morgan from "The Capture of Bigfoot". Sadly, that opening sequence is unmatched for the rest of the movie, but it still has some charm overall. I'll be watching it again for sure!!
    Great supplements too. The spookiest tidbit comes from the Don Jones/Gary Kent commentary where they say a short time after the filming of "The Forest" a real killer was lurking around in the Sequoia National Park, the location were the film was shot...and the freako killer (who tortured his victims) resembled lead actor Gary Kent!!

10. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Alright - so this one is a tad confusing. On the one hand it's basically a film that operates in the realm of a TV movie. On the other, there's a couple nasty bits, and some allusion to canibalism, that takes it into the realm of 80's exploitation. In the end I'd come down on the side of TV movie to be honest - think of it as a TV movie in "unrated" format. :D

Four people go in the woods, they're accosted by ghosts, and everything is down hill from there. Cheap this one - and in the event, not much happens.

Interesting to pair this up with Don't Go in the Woods. Of the two, thsi is the most accomplished cinematically - but Don't Go in the Woods is the better for being more cheesy. Hard to choose. At times I thought this was an rehearsal for a Charlies Angels episode gone wrong. :D

Can't say I recommend it, but if you're in the mood it passes the time. I enjoyed it for what it is, and the kids are a nice addition. Weird.

11. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

I just picked this up recently, have yet to get around to watching it though.

12. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Checked this out last night, finally. Awful, awful, awful, but amusingly so. THE FOREST is so amateurish that if it had only been produced a year or two later it's a sure bet that it would've been shot on videotape. It's worth a viewing if you want a chuckle but I'm frankly surprised to see so many here that were pining for it's DVD release.

13. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

I don't think it was all that bad. Wouldn't have minded more kills though.

14. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

I thought it was a lot of fun, but I guess it depends on your expectations going on. Seeing "Code Red" on the box pretty much yells "Get ready to laugh!" in my mind.