The Herzog - Kinski Collection (threads combined)

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by mutleyhyde, May 15, 2002.

1. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

The Herzog/Kinski Collection now up for pre-order

Well, patience pays off! I waited and waited, held off forever on picking up the Anchor Bay Werner Herzog dvds, and it looks like I, as well as any of you who were similarily purchase-prudent, will be greatly rewarded. Anchor Bay is producing a box set including all five Werner Herzog - Klaus Kinski films, and the documentary focusing on their work together, "My Best Friend". The set is scheduled for release on 7/9, and DVDPlanet has it up for pre-order now at 55.99 (MSRP is 79.98).

[​IMG]
    Includes;
    Aguirre: The Wrath Of God
    Nosferatu The Vampyre
    Woyzeck
    Fitzcarraldo
    Cobra Verde
    My Best Fiend

And for those wondering which version of Nosferatu will be included, the older single disc version or the new 2 disc set yet to be released...
    I'll be ordering this very soon. Who's with me?? :D

2. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Maybe me. I'm pretty interested. Never seen a film from either of them, but hmm...:).

3. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

Yeah, I've never seen any Herzog, but have seen enough of Kinski to know he's a crazy fuck. I've only heard good things about Herzog, so at this price, I'm sold. :)

4. skinnypuppy6

skinnypuppy6 Guest

I'm with You!

I have the Aguirre dvd and a vhs of Cobra verde and I will be ordering this Box!

5. Jog

Jog Guest

WOO HA!!!

I'm sold! I already have Nosferatu on vhs (in the beautiful vhs limited edition packaging) and Fitzcarraldo on dvd (bought at K-Mart for $8!!!). I'm so getting this, as Herzog and Kinski are one of the finest cinematic teams I can imagine...

6. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Herzog/Kinski Set Now at Best Buy

Yup, saw it today for (I think) like $56.99. Looks sweet - I want it. I don't know why, I've never seen a film from either of them, it just looks sweet. Anyone got any insight? I know NOSFERATU is supposed to rock, but aside from that...?

7. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

[​IMG]

Why haven't I heard of this box set before? This looks excellent! Andrew, the teamup between Herzog and Kinski are amazing in stroytelling sense. These are all fabulous films. Some touching, some disturbing. All of them are emotional, if you aren't in the right mindset, you could easily dismiss these works of art as pretentious tripe. As for NOSFERATU, even more dreamlike than the original, while not as dark or stylish, it does manage to hold up though. It is a little slow, I warn you.

8. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Aright cool. I love slow films when I'm in the right mood. It was $49.99, so maybe I'll get it...hmm...I need money though. :)

9. rhett

rhett Administrator

Nosferatu is an excellent film. That is the only one I've seen from the set, but I am willing to bet the rest are just as good.

10. Jog

Jog Guest

YAY!!!

I just got mine in the mail today!!! Such classy packaging! There is a second box inside the outer box that holds the discs (as you can see from the pic. Each disc has its own case, which is ultra-thin and color coded! The covers slide out to reveal original poster art and chapter stops on the reverse sides. There is also a booklet that contains liner notes for each film. A beautiful presentation! Though I have one warning: it appears that the English version of Nosferatu is NOT INCLUDED! The German version is better, I think, but if you want the English version, you'll have to get the new two-disc set I suppose...

Oh, and if you want this, GET IT SOON! I heard only 5000 will be made (though they're not numbered)...

11. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

why does this kindof stuff come out while I'm unemployed?

12. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

And DDD still hasn't sent me mine. :( I called, and they said they should get their next batch on the 18th. Keepin' my fingers crossed.

13. poorlogic

poorlogic Guest

Herzog/Kinski box set from Anchor Bay

I saw the Herzog/Kinski box set at Best Buy for $49.99 (for 6 DVD’s!) and decided to pick it up. I watched “Cobra Verde” and “My Best Fiend” so far – amazing photography but the films are a bit slow. I was wondering if anyone had picked this up yet? This has to be the elegant box set Anchor Bay ever released.

14. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

Folks, I've merged the few Herzog Kinski set threads for convenience.

Logic, I'm glad you like the set. I'm still waiting on mine, and it's good to hear positive reports. I sure hope DDD comes through for me. I've been biting my nails over this one. Should I run out to Best Buy, or have faith? Hmmm...

15. skinnypuppy6

skinnypuppy6 Guest

I picked mine up last week and must say it's great! allthow the dvds are rehashed it's still very cool I also picked up the Nosferatu 2 disc because the english version is not in the box

16. crank

crank Guest

I've only seen one copy at one best buy. I've been to three (my buddy bought the one we found for himself as I didn't have the cash on me at the moment). I'm getting paid next week, and I won't relent until its in my grubby mits.

crank

17. FleshRipper

FleshRipper Guest

On its way!!

Ordered the set from Deep Discount 2 days ago and got the e-mail today--shipped out already. Life good...DVDs better!! :D

18. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

YAY! Just got mine in the mail today from DDD... 'bout friggin' time. :mad:

Naw, I still love DDD. :D

19. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

A question:

I know the Nosferatu 2 disk set has both German and US versions and the box set with Nosferatu is only the German version but is there an English audio track for those who don't understand German? I would assume yes since its a US release but I just thought I'd ask. ;) Also, how about the other films in the box set...will they too have an English audio track? :rolleyes:

20. Jog

Jog Guest

Nosferatu has english subtitles, so don't fret! All of the other films have English dubs in addition to the German language tracks, except for Woyzek, which is also German with English subs only... Nosferatu is special since it was shot twice, once in english, as opposed to being dubbed into English. As for Woyzek... well, who knows?