The Hills Have Eyes Aja VS Craven

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by Ash28M, Mar 13, 2006.

?

The Hills Have Eyes 1977 VS 2006

1. Wes Craven's The Hills Have Eyes (1977)

54.0%
  2. Alexandre Aja's The Hills Have Eyes (2006)

46.0%
  1. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I finally saw this last night. The new one is very very good, with some added gore. But it doesn't have any more impact, imo. It's a worthy purchase, but if I had to choose one or the other, I'd go with the original.

2. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Aja's The Hills...but barely.

3. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

The Aja remake piles on a lot more gore with its music video style direction. I will stick with the Craven original. Much better cast & all around movie, especially the art direction.

4. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

After watching the remake in all of it's unrated glory (a couple of times), I think I'll have to go with that as I feel that it's the one I'll be revisiting the most often. I'm not all that big of a fan of the original and I was let down by the remake in theatres, but I think that was just because I had seen the original recently prior to that experience.

I'm going with Aja's remake here, but I still don't think either of them is actually better than the other.

5. CasEjonz

CasEjonz Guest

Tough one, Aja's had gorgeous decay and was a super violent experience and it gave us "Lizard" a terrific antagonist. BUT, if it was not for Craven's picture, we would not have Aja's effort. Craven also gave Michael Berryman a chance to become a terrifying character, and it was a great social commentary. Craven wins out

6. Criswell

Criswell New Member

I have not seen the new one............but for me the whole 70's/cult/drug scene was so appropiate for the film and the times.

7. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Alexandre Aja doesn't know how to improve anything. He shit all over Craven's excellent original film, perverted it, and puked it back up as another bad modern remake.

I voted for Craven's version. Because it's actually good.