The Houses that October Built

Discussion in 'General' started by Mok, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Thought the same exact thing........low expectations for sure.

2. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

3. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

4. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Since I have the first film on DVD I might as well get the sequel comes out Jan 2 Walmart should carry the DVD for 9.96 not sure about bluray I know best buy will have the bluray

5. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I'll comment here rather than starting a new thread.

I'd been seeing some recent buzz about Hell House LLC, especially on FB, so decided to give this a watch on Prime. I really don't get what the buzz is about, I thought it was just another generic found-footage movie. An hour and 15 minutes of characters running around saying fuck every other word, followed by 15 minutes of okay horror that wasn't really worth sitting through the previous hour and 15 minutes to get to. I'd suggest the similar but excellent "10/31/98" from V/H/S instead. It gets right to the point.

Also, one of the lead characters (Tony) just completely disappears from the movie. Which is really weird, because they have the big scene where he gets fed up and storms off, only to be lured back to work during the lengthy but vague emotional bro scene in the grass. I don't know if the actor quit on them, or if it's just lazy filmmaking.

I'd probably say it's on par with the Houses October Built movies, only with more likable characters. It looks like a sequel has already been made, so expect that soon.