The Hysteria Continues! podcast

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Justin Kerswell, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

Aside from a handful, I find that they don't rip on many older slashers. The contrary, actually, they praise them up.

2. streetlight

streetlight Member

I listen to their shows at work and some of them more than once. I remember on one show everyone seemed to really despise Terror At Tenkiller, though I like it so much that I have 3 copies of the VHS. I have seem a lot worse, so I can`t figure the hatred for it. The atmosphere of that movie is incredible, it reminds me of going camping

Through my video store travels I also managed to find 3 copies each of Silent Madness, The Prey, Mortuary, Hide and Go Shriek, and Class Reunion Massacre (one is retitled the Redeemer), The Deadly Intruder, Final Exam, The Mutilator, 2 of Iced, 2 of The Incubus, 2 Slaughter High, 2 of House Of Death. I probably have some more doubles and triples that I can`t recall

I see no reason not to buy more than one copy if they`re cheap and especially if they`re not on DVD. I would hate to see them thrown out.

In the case of Silent Madness, only one copy has a little bit of extra gore, notably the head drilling scene and the girl playing the video game - it shows more intestines or something pulled from her back

I cant wait to hear the next show which should be up in a couple days

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  3. streetlight

streetlight Member

I just wish more copies of the 1986 rarity Cards of Death would resurface - it was released on Sony VHS in Japan only and I believe I read it was filmed in Florida, certainly this has to be the holy grail of 1980s slashers

UPDATE: I just listened to their newest show and come on girls and guys....send them some fan email, as I really think they deserve it!!! Only ONE person wrote in!!! The guys are doing a great job and taking time out of their days to do this, and try to get interviews with actors and directors...so show them some love!!!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012