The Invoking (Sader Ridge)

Discussion in 'General' started by fattyjoe37, Jun 7, 2012.

1. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

I am currently in post-production on my first feature film project. Sader Ridge is a psychological horror story that I co-wrote, co-produced, and assistant directed. The film will be submitted to horror and independent film festivals in the coming months and will premiere sometime in 2013.

Sader Ridge official synopsis:
    For years Samantha has wondered about where she came from. After inheriting a house from the family she never knew, Sam and three friends take a road trip to inspect the remote property.

Soon after Sam arrives old memories come seeping back to her subconscious while jealousy and unspoken tension between the friends is forced to the surface. As relationships unravel, so does Sam’s sanity. She soon finds herself unable to tell the difference between reality and the horrible visions of brutality she can't escape. While her world crumbles, Sam discovers that the current horrors may be tied directly to her past.

The film itself is a ways off, but for now you can enjoy the teaser trailer

http://www.theoctoberpeople.net/sader.html

and like us on Facebook to keep up to date on news about the film

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-October-People/148776398545289

Workshed likes this.
  2. fattyjoe37

3. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Looks interesting and very professionally done. Can't wait to see the full trailer so I get a better opinion on what the hell it's all about haha. I'm guessing this is the flick that has kept you from podcasting?

4. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

wow, i am really impressed by that trailer. very, very professional looking, from the cinematography to the acting. please keep us informed, i would definitely be interested.

5. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

looks interesting and seems well done from what I could tell from the trailer- good luck - I hope it does well for you

6. fattyjoe37

Thanks for the kind words. The cast & crew worked really hard on it and we're currently moving forward on post production. Can't wait for everyone to see it once it's playing in festivals and out on DVD.

Yes, I stopped doing The Macguffin Podcast because of the time commitment needed for me to work on the script, pre-production, shoot, and now post production.

7. fattyjoe37

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/344084017/sader-ridge

We are looking for finishing funds to complete the post production on "Sader Ridge". At the Kickstarter link above you can see our video pitch followed by the film's teaser trailer along with the perks we are offering for donations. If you know anyone that would be interested in donating to a low-budget character-driven horror film, please share the link. Thanks!

8. fattyjoe37

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/344084017/sader-ridge

We've been fundraising on Kickstarter for the last 2 weeks and we already have 44 backers! Thanks to everyone who has donated to the project, but we still need a push to get us to our goal by August 30th. If you're interested in independent character-driven horror, please take a look at the videos and updates on our Kickstarter page and share it with anyone that might be interested. Any size donation helps and we have plenty of fun perks for those that donate. My favorite perk is given to anyone that donates (even just $1), we'll send you an obscure horror movie recommendation. Thanks for looking!

9. SaraWhite

SaraWhite New Member

Superb trailer! Looks like it’s going to be hell of thrilling scenes throughout the movie. So really excited to watch it in the big screen.

10. fattyjoe37

We released a new trailer on Halloween and have started the film festival submission process. We're hoping to be playing at festivals throughout 2013. I'll keep you all posted.

http://youtu.be/HcnBF006DAA

11. fattyjoe37

12. fattyjoe37

http://www.sunvalleyfilmfestival.org/index.php?n=11&id=62

Sader Ridge will be having its world premiere at the Sun Valley Film Festival in Sun Valley, ID. The film is playing under the SVFF Eclipse series, which the festival describes as "Dramatic Features that push the boundaries of content, form, or genre, this category is designed for the cinematically adventurous."
    Showtimes have not been announced yet, but the festival runs from March 14th-17th. We're excited to be a part of this festival and to show our character driven horror film to the masses.

13. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

thats pretty great. hope you get a good turnout.

14. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Congrats, fattyjoe37!

15. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

That's awesome, congrats man!

16. NaturesMistake

NaturesMistake Member

So cool! Congrats!

17. fattyjoe37

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Funnily enough, I just got an email saying that we've been accepted into another festival. We will be playing at the International Horror & Sci-Fi Film Festival in Phoenix, AZ. The schedule hasn't been announced yet, but the festival runs from April 4th-11th. It'd be awesome if some board members in the areas of these (and hopefully future) festivals would be able to make it out to the screenings and share their opinions of the film. And please give our Sader Ridge Facebook page a LIKE to keep up to date on all the happenings of the film.

18. shift

shift Hot as shit!

Hey Fattyjoe37 -

I just popped on here and noticed this thread and remember ya back in the day. Either way, I just wanted to drop in and compliment to hard work and dedication you did to get this movie to proceed forward!

I can only imagine how hard it is to be accepted into film festivals. Wouldn't it be cool if you can get into Sundance? Better yet, try to get into SXSW here in Austin for 2013!!!

If you come into Austin, TX hit me up?

Good luck and let me know if you get this badboy on blu-ray because I would like to purchase one!!

:)

http://sxsw.com/film

19. fattyjoe37

Shift, we are submitting to festivals in the Austin area, so maybe we will see you there.

I also wanted to let everyone know that our showtimes in Phoenix, AZ have been announced. We'll be playing on Friday April 5th at 10:25 PM and Sunday April 7th at 4 PM. You can order tickets and see more info at the link below:

http://phoenix.festivalgenius.com/2013/films/saderridge_jeremyberg_phoenix2013

20. fattyjoe37

http://www.frightnightfilmfest.com/

We just found out that Sader Ridge will play at the Fright Night Film Fest in Louisville, KY. 3 years ago my short film A Visitor in the Night played there, but I was unable to attend. From what I've heard on Deadpit Radio and other places, it sounds like an awesome con. Gonna make a real effort to get there this year. Fright Night runs from July 26th-28th, but showtimes for the film festival have not yet been announced.

I also wanted to let everyone know that our showtimes in Sun Valley, ID have been announced. We'll be playing on Saturday March 16th at 8 PM. You can order tickets and see more info at the link below:

http://sunvalleyfilmfestival.org/index.php?n=25

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013